Getting used of things

I would sing her a love song if I knew the words

       ~ Drake

Reference_ to Drew

Jay p.o.v

When I got out of that cell to go to court I thought I was in a dream man. Not only did Drew and Toya get a year. Tasha got 5. She gonna miss out on Jaysha's kid life. Not to much but maybe enough to think of her mother differently.  I do eventually wanna work things out with her but I'm still thinking if she didn't get out of that things would be different.

After they all left the court room. I met Quincy outside in his car. Niesha went to Tashas momma house to get the kids. Im going their later on to talk with her too.

"What's good my nigga?" He asked dapping me off.

"Nothing at all. I just wanna lay down in my bed and have a girls back."

"Spoke to soon."

"I know. Imma miss Latasha to death.  But, I can't give up right now. Jaysha needs me."

"I respect that. We need to get back to the hustle though."

"Yeah but I just got on the grid wsit till i get off. Don't worry imma still help but I can't get no hits right now."

(Hits=cases)

"I gotchu once things get back on track imma be all in it. How you doing with Tasha tho."

"I don't know I'm still in my feelings about the situation but I mean. I wanna marry her and nothings stopping me."

He nodded at me and started the car.

*~*

"Jaysha!" I called as we walked in Drew and Niesha's house.

"Daddy!" She came running in hugging me.

It actually brought tears to my eyes to see my baby girl back.  Even though she smiled I could tell she was a little sad.

"I missed you." She whispered.

"I did too baby girl. Go put your shoes on were gonna go somewhere."

"Okay." She ran away and I went to the kitchen to see Niesha.

We hugged and I said "I'm sorry about what happened ma. It's gonna be a while to get used to thinks but for now yall should move. Like a new start kinda thing."

"Thanks. It will be hard but we'll het through it. I'll get through it."

I smiled then nodded at her. She smiled back and went back to cooking.

Jaysha came back ready and we left to go get ice cream.

*~*

After getting ice cream we went to the lake. We sat at a bench and ate our ice cream. When she finished i decided to talk to her.

"Jaysha I gotta tell you something that I want you to remember okay."

"Okay."

"Your moms gonna be gone for a long time okay.  When she gets back things may be different but no matter what we both love you."