Losing

I've learned that working with the negatives can make a better picture
                 - Drake

Reference to _ Jay

3 months later

Jay p.o.v

I got the news three weeks ago and today is the day of the funeral. Tashas  momma died she's been getting worst over time with her cancer but she lasted a lot longet than what her doctor said. I got dressed in my black button up and black slacks, with dressy shoes.

I got Jaysha ready in her black dress and a white belt with a crystal in the middle, and some small black heels. My new girlfriend Kayrn (pronounced Kay-renn) is also coming I decided  to cut my ties with Tasha it's gonna be a while for us.

"Kay! Come on we gonna be late." I called up the stairs.

"Boy whatever I don't even know this old lady. I don't see why I have to go."

"It's just respectful come on." I say walking out the door.

I love her but she need a attitude  cheek and real quick too. She already  got one strike getting disrespectful  with my momma but they worked it out. I grabbed Jaysha's hand and we got in the car.

* ~ *

Toya p.o.v

"I swear thich better not come to my second  momma funeral  with that crazy shit or imma deck her in her motherfucking face." I say slipping in my earnings.

"Toya baby chill out a bit." Quincy said squeezing my shoulders.

"I'm sorry but she's gonna cause some problems and I'm still salty he cut it off with Tasha without even talking to Tasha. Then she doesn't  even like Jaysha." I went on and he signed.

"Okay but she won't to anything to Jaysha and if she ever does you know  Jay'd snipe her ass right?" He asked seriously.

"Okay," I sighed he was right but it still worries me.

"Alright no let's go." He said grabbing Simone from our bed.

*~*

I was silent the whole time it was 30 minutes away so it wasn't that bad. I stayed by her aunty Channy the whole time and of course Q. My baby girl was crying in her daddy's arms when they dropped momma J's cascate. Niesha An'Dreya we're sitting behind us as Drew have his speech on her.

Then the church doors bust open and a pair of heels walked in like was they shit. I rolled my eyes and turned to look like the others did.

"This bitch," I mumbled as Kayrn came through the door with Jay carrying Jaysha.

Mrs. Channy slapped my hand saying "Not in the Lord's house child."

"I'm sorry auntie. But if she is disrespectful I will mess her up. Not here but I wil."

"I know I'll  give you permission too. That lil girl been testing me. I'm too old to do that you aren't as long as it's not dirty go ahead."

I nodded and turned back to them, watching. They sat down together muttering an apology. Kayrn took Jaysha from Jay and sat her on her lap. Jaysha got off of her rolling her eyes.

She walked my me and said "Can I sit by you?"

"Yeah baby girl come on." I picked her up and sat her next to me on the other side of Simoné.