Chapter 14

More Tris POV...
Classes are finally over for the day. I am walking with Brandon to my car. Not that I am giving him a ride, he said he wanted to wait for Taylor. So he might as well walk with me outside.
"Tris? What do you think about Taylor?" He asks.
"Um, I think she is a nice girl and she is very good looking. Why?" I ask.
"I,um, I like her." He says.
"Wow! You should totally tell her!" I say.
"I know...but.." He trails off. "What if she rejects me? I'd be too heartbroken."
"That's stupid. What is wrong with you? I'm sure she likes you too but doesn't show it." I say.
"Maybe." He says, as we walk towards my car. There's someone leaning on my car. I squint my eyes to regonise the person as Tobias. What is he doing here?
"Who's that?" Brandon asks.
"My boyfriend, Tobias." I say.
"Oh, ok. I'm gonna go find Taylor." He says and runs off.
I walk towards Tobias. Once he spots me, he charges at me, engulfing me into his arms.
"Tris." His voice sounds strained. As if he's crying.
"Tobias. You have nothing to worry about." I say assuringly. He looks at me sadly. It kills me to know that he's hurting so much. But I don't know what he's making such a big fuss out of.
"Why're you here for?" I ask.
"I wanted to see you so badly. I couldn't stand the fact that he asked you out. You're mine, right?" He asks.
"Undoubtedly." I say.
"I was so scared the whole time. Then I almost got into an accident while coming here." He says.
"What?! Tobias! You don't even have to worry. Just trust me." I say.
"Its not you. Its me. I don't trust myself to keep you happy for a long time. I am scared that Troye will snatch you away from me. And I'll be too broken to do anything." He says.
"Tobias. Get in the car." I say. "We going to talk."
"Alright." He replies and gets in the passenger seat. Once I'm inside, I cup his face with my hands.
"You're not going to lose me. Okay? I'm yours, you're mine, and its gonna be that way all along. No one can replace you. You have a very special place in my heart. Which is meant only for you. No one else. I don't care how Troye or any other guy tries to get my attention. I will never look at them that way. Because they're not you. Understand?" I ask. He nods.
"I love you." I say.
"I love you too." He says.