Chapter 32

Tris POV
When I wake up, I quickly close my eyes due to the bright light over my eyes. Once my eyes adjust to the brightness of the light, I try to sit up and immediately regret it. Pain shoots up throughout my torso.
Then I try slowly and suceed. Are they gonna beat me again? I have had enough. But then I notice, my right arm is in a cast. And there are bandages covering my whole upper body.
I am in a hospital. I remember now. The police rescuing me from them. And bringing to me to the paramedics. That is where I passed out.
The door opens and I see most beautiful and heartbreaking sight. Tobias. Standing there with his bloodshot yet still adorable blue eyes. His ruffled hair. His strong and defined body. He runs to me, engulfing me into his arms and peppering my face with kisses. I don't know why I giggle when he does that.
"I thought you were dead. I thought I lost you. I thought you were gone. I thought you left me." He sobs into my shoulder.
"Well, I didn't." I croak.
He kisses all over my face again. Only this time, he finishes it by pressing his lips to mine. I missed this.
"I am never letting you out of my sight again." He says. I chuckle.
"I am serious." He says, looking sternly into my eyes.
"What about when I am in college?" I ask.
"Well, then your friends can watch over you." He says, smirking.
"Whatever." I say. "The cops came just in time to save me you know."
"Why?" He asks.
"If they had come a minute or two later...Troye...he would've..." I trail off.
He shudders.
"He touched you?!" He yells.
"No. He almost did." I say.
"He has the nerve to doesn't he?" He says, grabbing his hair. "What did they do to you? Why?"
"It was all Lauren. She was the mastermind of all this. Troye didn't really like me. He was set up by Lauren. To break us up. And she used him to kidnap me. She was going make all of you think I was dead and use that to get you. She tortured me every single day. She cut me with a knife. She used Troye to beat me up. He tried to rape me two times. Keyword, tried to. So chill." By the time I finish, Tobias is fuming.

"I am not going to leave them alone for this!" He yells.
"Tobias." His eyes soften at my voice. He captures my cheeks in his hand.
"What is it, baby?" He asks.
"I am hungry. I didn't eat, for 2 weeks." I say.
"They starved you?!" He asks.
"What do you expect?" I ask.
He runs out of the room. Minutes later, he comes running into the room with some bread in his hand. Its not much but its absolutely better than nothing.
"How do you feel now?" He asks, while I am eating.
"Better. Where are mom and dad?" I ask.
"Oh! I absolutely forgot tell the others about you. Your dad is testifying against those 2. And yeah, I will call them now." He says.
"Alright." I reply.