Chapter 36

Tris POV
They are gone. They are actually gone. Yes! With my dad being on my side, of course we won. Why wouldn't we?
Tobias said he wanted to take me somewhere after that. So yeah, we are going in his car now.
"So much happened." I sigh.
"Well, you gotta stop thinking about that right now." He says, taking my hand. A while later he stops in front of a restaurant.
"I thought you would be hungry. So I wanted to give you a special lunch." He says. "Happy 2 year anniversary, babe."
I gasp. How could forget about that? On this very day,two years ago, in that singing contest, he asked me to be his girlfriend. A memory that will be forever implanted into my mind.
"Oh my gosh, Tobias!" I say.
He chuckles and kisses me.
"I can't believe its been two years already." He says.
"Me too. It feels like we only started dating weeks ago." I say. He leads me inside to a table.
The food arrives a while after that.
"We didn't even order." I say,looking confused.
"I did it before." He says.
"Okay?" I say.
"So we don't have to worry about that now." He says, smiling.
"Right." I say.
He moves to sit beside me. He leans in to kiss me. I run my fingers through his hair.
"I love you." He says, when we pull away.
"I love you too." I reply. "But we have to eat before the food gets cold."
xXx
You put your arms around me and I am home.
I just finished another song. It is called 'Arms'. Its obviously about Tobias and me. About how I never expected to fall in love with him. About the doubts I have in myself.

Like what does he even find in me? Why does he find me beautiful? I don't know. But I like it when he makes me feel that way. Like I am the most beautiful girl in the world. Some times I do think it would be easier for him without me.
Like one of the lines in my new song.
And I believe that its easier for you to let me go.
But I don't know how true is that. I put my song book away and lay on my bed for a while. When my dad comes into my room. I immediately sit up.
"Dad?" I ask.
"Honey," He starts, sitting down beside me. He skims my hair with his palm.
"Are you and Tobias okay?" He asks.
"Of course we are. Why would you ask that?" I say.
"In the court, that girl, she said something about you two. That is why I got worried. Are you 2 going good?" He asks.
"Of course we are. She only kidnapped me to steal him away from me." I say. "She has tried many times. But it didn't work though."
"Maybe that is because you 2 are meant for each other. God had forbid anyone from seperating you two. You guys remind me of when your mother and I were your age." He says. I gasp.
"Your marriage was a love marriage?" I ask, compeletely shocked.
"Yup. We met in high school too. Just like you and Tobias." He says. "How did you meet though?"
"Well, we met on the first day. My friend, Christina was introducing me to all my other friends. When he came up behind me and introduced himself. Trust me, it was like love at first sight. I fell for his eyes. Then I started to fall for the rest of him. His personality, etc." I say. My dad smiles. "That is cute." He comments.

"Then you remember that singing contest?" I ask. He nods.
"That is where he asked me to be his girl and kissed me for the first time. In front of the audience. After singing a song for me." I say.
"That is like the cutest thing ever!" I hear my mom's voice, as she comes in fetching tea.
"Oh, mom." I say. My dad laughs.
"Where is Caleb?" I ask. I feel like I haven't seen him in ages.
"He is in his room." My mom says. "Never mind him. Tell me, I never knew Tobias was such a hopeless romantic." She says.
"Yeah. That what happened." I say. "Oh! I forgot. Today is our 2 year anniversary." I say.
"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" My mom squeals.
"Well, we were on a date for that." I say, whipping out my phone and showing them a picture of Tobias kissing my cheek.
"Awww!" Both of them say.
"He took you on a date." She says.
"Yup. He did." I say.
"You have done well in finding your soulmate, dear. He is your soulmate." She says. That is very true. "Also, very good-looking."
I chuckle. "I know right."