Chapter 31

Tobias POV
Ugh! They didn't even let me see her! But I believe she is in very bad state. Since she was rushed to the hospital as soon as they got her out. I am worried sick. Hours ago, I thought I lost her. The pain was unbearable. What if it happens this time for real?
Come on, Tobias. Be positive.
But how can I be positive in such a dire situation? I don't know.

The doctor comes out of the emergency ward. I immediately stand up, eager to listen to what he has for me.
"Hello, I am Doctor Alexander. How are you related to Ms. Prior?" He asks.
"I am her boyfriend." I say.
"No family?" He asks.
"Well, they have settle,um, issues. So they can't be here. They left me here for her." I say.
"Alright. You lucky they rushed here in the right time. Or else we would have lost her." He says. I visibly shudder. He notices this and says, "No need to worry. She is stable now."
"She had a lot of severe cuts and bruises. And her right arm is in a cast as she broke it. Nothing happened to her legs. She only took injuries to her face and torso." He explains. "It seems as if she was severely beaten up and as if someone purposely caused bodily harm to her using a knife."
I cringe. I should have been the one to take it.
"Mind telling me how she was injured so severely?" He asks.
"Uh, she was kidnapped by some psychotic people who don't know who to mess with." I say, slightly getting angry at the mention of...them.
"Oh...ok." He seems shocked. "She said she wants to see someone named Tobias Eaton. Who would that be?"
"That would be me." I say.
"Oh,then I assume it would help her to recover faster if you are near her." He says and walks away. I slowly open the door, awaiting the sight of her...