Chapter : 01

Red Riding The Alpha

"Run all your want princess, just remember, you'll always be mine."

Chapter : 01

Red

"Darling, could you please come here and take this away from me!" My grandmother said through the bedroom.

I quickly placed the bowl of soup on the tray and replied, "Yes, nana, I'll be there in a minute!"

I picked up the tray and carefully carried it to her room. Nana was covered in three bedsheets as there was a wild storm hitting the town. Her eyes were slightly closed, and she was humming a song. With the help of my shoulders, I pushed the door open and walked inside.

"Oh, darling, you don't have to do that much." She cried out of love as she glanced at my direction.

I placed the tray on the table beside her bed and carried out the dirty bag from her room. Nana didn't like dirt; she hated it. She loved keeping her room clean, and since I was the only one around, I had to do that job as well.

I returned to the room, and Nana got up to eat.

"I made broccoli this time. I hope you like it," I said excitedly as she sipped on the soup.

"It's delicious, but you forgot to add salt," she said.

"Oh, the doctors said no more salt for you. Your blood pressure rises whenever you eat salt." I replied with concern.

She shook her head, "I want to die with delicious food in my stomach,"

I gasped and shook my head, "Don't say that!"

"Well, I'm going to someday. Next time, add a bit of salt, nothing will happen." She winked before drinking up the rest of the soup.

In the meantime, I walked outside our small house and picked up the letter that was inside the mailbox. It was from the town's mayor.

"Nana, we got a mail from the mayor!" I shouted.

"Bring it here, let me see it!" She replied.

I hurried inside the room and gave her the letter. She peeled it open and gave it back to me.

"Read it for me," she asked.

Straightening the paper, I cleared my throat and began reading it.

"Dear Mrs. Mae, I hope you're doing well! As you must've known, the mating season is upon us, and we would like any females in the house above 18 to participate at the night of mating. It has come to me that Red had finally turned 18 two weeks ago. Please give her my blessings and ask her to drop by my office for more details on the night of mating. She'll be given a dress and anything else that is required. Regards, Mayor Thomas." I said.

My heart wrenched with pain as I completed the letter. Nana immediately got worried. Wrinkles formed in her forehead with all the tension that spurted out of the message.

"Oh, no," she cried.

I quickly placed the letter aside and turned my attention to Nana. Placing my hand on hers, I said, "Don't worry, nothing will happen."

"Oh darling, I should have known that this was going to come upon us!" She exclaimed with horror in her eyes.

"What should I do?" I asked, completely lost.

Whitebridge was a small town in Pennsylvania — it was more like a village than a town. The neighboring town was four hours away from here. Our surroundings were covered in forests and trees. Whenever the dark struck upon us, wild creatures walked out, hunting for their prey.