Chapter : 05

"My favorite time of the day is bedtime, it when your legs are open for me,"

Chapter : 05

Red

"Red,"

Hearing my word come out of a creature's mouth felt unusual. I swallowed hard and turned myself away from him. The aura he had surrounded himself with weakened me.

As soon as my house came in the view, I shouted, "This one!"

The car came to an abrupt stop outside the house. The golden lights of the bedroom were switched on. My Nana was wide awake, after all, how could she sleep knowing that I was in danger.

Without a second thought, I got out of the car and rushed inside the house. My eyes quickly wandered around my house before landing on my Nana, who was resting on the couch. She was trying to keep her thoughts occupied by watching the TV.

I crashed into her arms and cried, "Oh, Nana!" My heart wrenched as countless sobs escaped my throat.

"Oh, darling, what happened?" She asked.

"I got chosen, Nana. Please, stop this all. I don't want to leave. I don't want to go." I continued to cry.

Nana's heartbeat quickened underneath my cheeks. She pulled away from the hug and looked at the entrance of the house where the creature stood tall.

"Not the Alpha," she whispered with fright in her eyes as she got up from the couch.

"Say him to go away!" I exclaimed.

"Shush," Nana stared at me. "Go inside your room while I talk to him," she ordered.

I got up from the couch, confused and concerned. Did Nana know who he was? From the looks, it seemed like she did. I went inside my room and avoided peeking outside. I had full faith in Nana. She'd convince the creature to leave me alone. The worry lifted off my heart as I laid down on the bed. Closing my eyes, a strange scent reached up to my nostrils. I sniffed around and found the source of the smell.

It was the creature's coat that I was wearing.

It gave off a musky scent, a very captivating one. Why was I attracted to his scent? Was it the mate bond? From all the stories I have heard, the mate bond is a powerful one. I believed it was all fiction and lies until today some random creature chose me.

I dreaded for my future and the future of the girls who were taken.

Were they allowed to meet their parents and say goodbye? It didn't seem like that since most of them were dragged away in the car. The cars exited the town.

Why did the creature show mercy on me?

Alpha Luciano

One year ago

"The mating season has returned, Luciano!" Ben said as he slammed his hand on my shoulder. "Aren't you eager to find out who's your mate?" He asked.

I closed my laptop shut and got up from the bed. It hit me then — the mating season. Like every year, the wolves of our pack hunt around the neighboring towns for their mates. I never involved myself in the hunting as I had Charlotte, my ex-girlfriend.

Up until this year, I didn't think about mates or who would be my mate. Mainly because I never cared. I believed I was mated with Charlotte until she slept with someone else, and we parted out ways from there.

Hundreds of wolves ran out in the dark in the middle of the night when the blood moon rose. They hunted for their mates. Most of them returned back with a woman, but some of them didn't.