Chapter : 36

"Find someone who makes you laugh in public and scream in bed."

Red

"As a queen, you're obligated to be dressed at all times, whether you're in bed or in a meeting with the elders," Jacqueline said as she circled around me.

A scream escaped my lips as Valarie tightened the dress I was wearing. It was a heavy dress that covered my entire body. It was difficult to breathe with the corset gripping my rib cage and lungs.

"Why do I have to wear this?" I cried while my head dropped down. The pain was unbearable. I didn't want to wear such uncomfortable clothes.

How could Luciano undress me? It would be difficult for him, as well.

"It's an obligation, Red. You'll be required to wear this type of clothes for the next few years. As a new queen, people need to see you well-dressed and polished. You don't want to mark your first impression as bad, or these creatures will hate you," Jacqueline chattered as she freely walked around her room.

It was a long night. We went through a lot of things — including how a queen needed to stay, what she could do, how she needed to handle matters, how she could rule, what obligations she had, and other things.

I thought I didn't have to do anything at all, but I was wrong — terribly wrong.

"Alright. Just a first few years," I breathed out slowly. At least it wasn't forever.

"You have mated with Luciano, right?" She folded her hands across her chest and asked.

"Of course," Wasn't the mark on my neck visible enough to prove that I belonged to Luciano?

"Oh, I supposed it would have taken a while," she sighed before continuing. Was there something I didn't know? "If you have mated with him, you should be expecting soon,"

I choked on my breath and coughed as I heard Jacqueline speak. Wait a minute? Did she mean that...pregnant...baby?

"But Luciano doesn't know-"

Jaqueline cut me off before I could complete my sentence. She dismissed the servants inside the room and then locked the door.

"He doesn't know that I am a witch. He still thinks I am a human. If I get pregnant, then he will be confused and I will have to tell him. I thought I couldn't." It gave me relief knowing that I wasn't going to bear a creature's child, but now, it was dreadful. There was a possibility I could get pregnant.

"Do you want a child?" she asked, in a low tone, barely enough to leave the thick walls of the chamber we were inside.

"No...I mean, not right now. I am still getting used to this all. I don't want to be pregnant so soon," I exclaimed with wide eyes. I didn't mind having a child, but I wanted to have a proper mindset and mental health before I could raise one of my own.

"Alright, then, I will give you some herbs. You can take these before your menstruation, and it will lower your chances of being pregnant. You can leave them whenever you feel like having a child." Jacqueline said.

I sighed with ease. At least there was something I could do.

"But if I ever do, Luciano will know that I am not a human, and he will be angry that I hid this all from him," I stated. Lying to him was getting harder now, primarily because of the feelings I started having for him.

"This cannot be hidden for long. I know my son, he won't be angry at all, and he won't harm you in any way. You should be concerned about his people, your people." she explained.

I sat down on the edge of the bed while rubbing the back of my neck. The day was almost finished, and I was exhausted. All I wanted to do now was push every tension behind and sleep with Luciano.

"Let's just not think about that, right now. My Nana told me that I couldn't be called a witch until I practice witchcraft, and I haven't done any of that yet."

"That's true, Red. You can't be claimed as a witch until you practice it. Are you aware of which tribe you come from? Was your grandmother a witch?" Jaqueline questioned.

I shook my head. "My mother was. My father was a werewolf, and so is my grandmother. My parents passed away when I was young. I recently learned that they were attacked and murdered by other wolves or hunters."

"Which tribe did your mother belong to?"

"I'm sorry, but I am not aware of that," Nana never told me which tribe my mother belonged to or which kind of magic she practiced. She gave me little details, and they were far more than enough for me. Digging up the past would only open old wounds, and I wasn't ready to learn about my family's history just yet.

"When you meet your grandmother next time, ask her. It is important for you to know which tribe you belong too. There are some good tribes and bad tribes of witches." She continued.

I nodded my head and told her that I would ask my Nana next time. She was going to come to the crowning ceremony, and that was the perfect chance to ask for more details.

"You should go now. It's late."

"Thank you for everything!" I got up from the bed and headed towards the door.

"Tomorrow morning, after breakfast, meet me here, we still have a lot to go through. This was barely anything."

"Of course!"

"Goodnight, Red." She mumbled as I walked out of the door and into the dark hallways of the castle.

It was pitch black outside. The grounds were cold and covered by the guards. Silent whispers echoed through the walls as I drifted through the castle. Finding my room was getting complicated. It was at the other end of the castle, but knowing that I was going to be with Luciano gave me relief. The day was finally over – or so I thought.

When I crossed the marble stairs and entered a large room, I found Charlotte in the hallway, speaking to someone. There was a smile on her lips, and it seemed as if she was flirting with the man in front of her. A scowl appeared on my face as I saw her. I didn't like her. She gave off an unusual, dangerous energy that weakened me. She was loved by Luciano one, and I had problems with that.

Charlotte looked over the man with a bulky back, and she saw me. She dismissed the man who walked away immediately.

"Odd to find you around, at this time of the night. Aren't you supposed to be entertaining your...mate?" she questioned in a bitter tone as she folded her hands across her chest. Her attitude wasn't right, and I didn't like it all.

It wasn't too late, was it? I had no idea of the time while I was with Jaqueline. Her words, her stories, her voice, and everything else kept me apart from the rest of the world. There was so much more to learn from her, and I was grateful that I got her as my mentor.

"Didn't I ask you to leave the castle?" I raised my eyebrow and questioned her presence. I clearly remembered threatening her. 

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr

(For those readers who think that this book is just going to scenes of Luciano and Red fucking all the time, please stap! It isn't like that!)