Chapter : 12

"I licked it, so it's mine,"

Chapter : 12

Red

"My mate,"

I slapped my hand over my mouth to silence the loud gasp. There was a hint of pain and fear in her tone as she replied to me. Terror filled through me as I realized that creatures were will creatures. Luciano was a creature too.

"But why?" I walked up to her and asked. She always wanted a mate, she believed in one, but my heart ached for her now. She didn't deserve her mate.

"He's violent. It's a part of nature. You shouldn't be around here, Red. He's going to come and be really angry if he finds you here." Lisa said as tears spilled down her cheeks.

I shook my head, "I am not leaving! You're trapped here. You have been hit, there are bruises on your body, and it seems like a lot of worse things have happened. Your mate isn't supposed to be like this,"

"Red, these are violent creatures; they natural instinct is violence and anger. We can't do anything. This is my fate, and I have accepted it," she sobbed in my arms.

"No, Lisa, this isn't how it's supposed to be."

"I heard you're mated to the Alpha, is that correct?" Lisa looked up to me and asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"I'm assuming he's nice,"

"Yes, just realized he's actually very nice. He allowed me to meet my Nana before I left, and he hasn't rushed me into anything." I explained. All long, I was disappointed that I got mated to an Alpha, but now I realized, it wasn't too bad. But what if it all was an act? The true nature of a creature could be seen through Lisa.

"That's nice. I am happy for you, Red. You're lucky!" she exclaimed with a smile.

"You have to come with me," I begged. "You can't stay. That man – whoever he is, will kill you. Look at yourself, Lisa, you have been hit."

"There is a lot more that you don't know, but I can't leave now," she cried.

"Why?"

"He has claimed me," she turned her neck to a side and pushed back her tangled locks. I gasped as I stared at the bite mark once again.

This was claiming.

I took a deep breath and tried to control my raging emotions. I felt terrified yet angry at the same time. The door burst open, and a man walked inside the bedroom. His eyes first landed on Lisa and then at me.

Lisa immediately jumped and got up at his sight.

"Who the fuck is this?" the man screamed as he pointed his bony finger at me. I took a step back as he approached me.

"Please, don't harm her, she's my friend," Lisa begged as she ran over to him.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" the man asked as his eyes flashed with rage and anger. A wild beast was standing in front of me, and no one was here to stop him.

The man raised his hand at Lisa and slapped her harshly. Fear rippled through me as I saw the horror in front of me. I quickly ran towards Lisa and picked her up from the ground.

"Didn't your parents teach you any manners?" I asked the man as I stood in front of him.

"Red, don't, he's not in his senses!" Lisa said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me back. His expression darkened, and the color drained from his face.

Before I knew, he slapped me.

"Red," Lisa screamed for me. I pressed my hands against my cheeks, and the brittle silence grew tight with tension. An excruciating pain ran down my flesh as it got swollen from the sudden impact.

Lisa turned towards me as I looked away from the man. My heart squeezed in anguish as I realized what a real creature was.

"Get the fuck out of here before I do worse," the man threatened me.

Through my tears, I saw a shadow appear in front of the wooden door. My vision cleared as I got a closer look at him.

Luciano.

He glanced at me first, but then his accusing gaze riveted at the man who hit me. His eyes reflected underneath the sunlight and turned red before I even knew. It was wrong coming here, and now I understood why Luciano didn't want me to meet Lisa or at least why he avoided it overall.

The man stiffened under Luciano's scornful glare, "How dare you raise your hand at my woman," he gritted his teeth together and approached the other creature.

In a snap of moment, Luciano's anger leashed at the other man and grabbed him by his neck before slamming him into a wall. I moved back out of fear and kept my distance from the creatures.

"Who the fuck gave you right to hit my mate, and your impending queen," he sneered at the man with anger lacing in his tone. His jaw contorted with hatred as he seized the man by his throat, stifling his screams and pleads.

"I don't know...I am sorry," the man blurted out.

Luciano released the man, "Come near my woman again, and I rip your position and then you," he whispered before walking away from the man.

Pain seeped inside me as a crushing wave of despair and disappointed drowned me. It was as if a gray light of gloom cast itself over me. I faced the sad truth of this world – the world that belonged to the creatures. For a small moment, I believed Luciano may have cared for me or something. But I was wrong, my thoughts, my assumptions, everything was wrong for believing that these creatures could resemble humans.

Luciano was just as violent as everyone else in this castle, in this town was. He was just as evil and just as monstrous as everyone else was. The sorrow I felt was almost too much for me to bear. After seeing Lisa's condition, I ran away as soon as he came near to me.

If the mark on Lisa's neck was her mate's claim, then I didn't want to be claimed by Luciano. If the abuse was a part of this world, a part of his world, then I didn't want to be in it. If these creatures could lose their senses in a snap of a moment, then I didn't want to be related to them.

"Don't touch me," My voice was thick with sorrow.

"Please, Red, don't walk away from me. I won't ever harm you," he said in a promising tone, but I didn't believe him anymore.

"You will, one day or another, but you will harm me," I said as a trail of tears went down my cheeks.

"I won't. I am not like the others. Yes, I do have anger issues, yes, I am a monster, but I won't ever harm you." He tried his best to convince, but I just couldn't come into terms to believe him.

"You're just them. You are a creature – you are someone who doesn't have humanity. You will snap at me as you snapped at that man right now!" I exclaimed as I pushed his hands away.

"Red," he growled as he gripped my shoulders and backed me to a wall, "I will not hurt you intentionally, ever! I may be a beast, but every beast has a heart too, and mines only beats for you."

Read up to chapter 34 on patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr 5-7 chapters are uploaded there quicker than here