Movie Night

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Trinity sighs, looking at the menu of the concession stand.

"At least you won't be alone." Lexi says. Trinity rolls her eyes. "I can hear you rolling your eyes right now."

Trinity tightens her grip on the phone. "It's gonna be weird. I barely talk to them."

"You're in a movie theater, it's not like you're going to be doing a lot of talking. You're just going to sit in a room full of mouth breathing nerds that are probably seeing the outside world for the first time in years, who are making the unanimous decision to lock themselves in a dark room with each other and watch an erotica filled horror movie while trying to hide their hard-ons."

Trinity's face scrunches in disgust. "Was that supposed to convince me to stay?"

"It's not about the movie, it's about moving on with your life after reign of the bitch-"

"Lexi-"

Her friend continues on. "that didn't deserve you in the first place."

Trinity shakes her head and walks up to the counter. "I gotta go. Have fun with Eric alright?"

"Oh we'll have plenty of fun."

Trinity shakes her head at her friend's words. "Well, be safe and make good choices."

"Enjoy your crappy movie."

"Enjoy your hot straight sex." Trinity tells her friend goodbye before hanging up and looking at the cashier. After ordering, she walks around the lobby with a small coke in hand and M&M's in her pocket.

"Hey, over here!"

She turns around and sees Duncan waving at her excitedly. Max and Gertie stand in front of him.

"You showed up!" He smiles.

Trinity shrugs. "It's not like I had anything else to do tonight."

He nods. "Yeah, that's great!"

"That I'm alone on a Friday night?"

"No!" he rushes out. "I just mean- I'm just glad that you could make it."

Trinity nods. "Okay." She drags the word out.

Duncan turns to Max. "I can put you down for the Q&A, right?" He asks hopefully only for that hope to die at the sight of an unhappy Max. "After the show, do a little Q."

"No." Max and Gertie shake their heads.

"And a little A." He bites his lip and claps his hands together. "I'll put you down as a maybe." He begins to back up. "Okay, glad you're here." He turns to leave. "Oh!" He turns back around and holds up his arms next to the sign of Camp Bloodbath 2. "Kee-Kee-Kee Koh-Koh-Koh." He turns and attempts to hop over the velvet rope but his foot gets caught and he falls to the ground, bringing the rope and poles with him. He stumbles to his feet and fixes his mess.

Trinity turns to him. "Is he always that..."

"Weird?" Gertie offers.

Trinity nods. "Yeah."

"Oh, it actually gets worse. Like if you have to live with him it's way, way worse."

Max tilts her head. "Aren't you in our English class?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm Trinity."

"I'm Max," she points to her friend. "and this is Gertie."

"Hey." Gertie greets before taking a sip of her soda.