Part 26

A/n hoLY SHIT 3k READS???? That's insane! Thank you all so much! I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, I had awful writers block!:(

I wait patiently as the nurse unhooks me from the I.V. Derek sits next to me watching intently at the needle being removed from my arm.

Noticing his staring, I ask "Everything okay?" Making him jump slightly.

"What? Yeah. Are you?" He asks, his hand holding mine, subconsciously tracing lazy circles onto my palm with his thumb.

"I'm alright." I say lazily.

"Okay, sweetie, all done. Off you go now." Beams the nurse, patting my thigh lightly. I thank her then let Derek help me into my chair before wheeling me out of the hospital.

"Jeez, it's cold." I say, the autumn air hitting me as we leave the building.

"Here." Says Derek, taking off his jacket and half-heartedly draping it over my shoulders, giving off a sense of immediate warmth and security.

"Thank you." I smile, lifting my arm and putting my hand on his, which is clutching the handle of the wheelchair.

"That's alright." He chuckles. I snuggle into the jacket, pressing my cheek against the soft, warm fabric. As I get in the car- with the help of Derek- I already begin to feel the effects of chemo kicking in and begin to get tired. Because my dad's at work, Derek insists on taking me back to his, despite my reluctancy.

"You're coming." Derek demands sternly.

"Derek, I'll be fine." I croak with annoyance in my voice, shutting my eyes.

"No, you won't. Remember last time you stayed home alone?" Says Derek.

"Scott told you about the shower thing, huh?" I sigh.

"Yes, okay, so you're staying at mine until your dad's home." Instructs Derek, in a tone that implies I shouldn't argue with him. I sigh but give in and let him take me to his house.

When we arrive, as we can't get my chair up all the steps and I'm way too drained to walk, Derek is forced to give me a lift, bridal style, to his apartment. I'm nearly asleep when we enter his place, and he immediately gently sets me onto the couch, already throwing blankets over me and turning on the heating.

"Want a drink?" He asks. I nod, my eyes still shut. He leaves for the kitchen and turns the kettle on. A few minutes pass before he returns with two hot cups of something.

"Hot chocolate." He says, placing the mug on the coffee table next to me. I smile at him, opening my eyes a crack. Sitting up, Derek hands me the warm mug and I wrap my bony fingers around the hot cup.

"Thank you." I whisper, my dry lips already around the rim of the mug, tipping it backwards to let the hot chocolate enter my mouth.

It tastes good. I must admit, even though my tastebuds are all messed up from chemo, this still tastes pretty nice. I don't finish the drink though, because I fall asleep. When I wake up, I'm snuggled into Derek, his legs around me like a nest. I'm leaning on his waist/ the endure length of the side of his torso, and his arms are loosely around my shoulder.

"Hey." I mumble, my voice croaky from sleep.

"Oh, hey." He smiles, sitting up- which makes me also have to sit up.

"How're you feeling?" He asks, rubbing circles on my back with his palm.

"Dead." I answer, chuckling. "No, I'm okay, thank you." I say softly, half smirking at him.

"Want a drink?" Asks Derek, beginning to stand up.

"I wanna cuddle." I say, weakly pulling him back down.

"That's fine with me." Grins Derek, pulling my frail frame into his warm embrace, his muscly arms wrapped around my entire body.

"Mmm." I hum happily, letting myself melt into him. I lift my head up slightly to look at him, to suddenly receive a small peck on the lips. I kiss him back again, and this time he leans into it properly, moving his hands up and around my neck, exploring the skin across my head; meanwhile, my hands are lost in his hair, my fingers tangled in his dark locks. I pull him closer to me, if that's even possible, and feel his tongue flicking against my teeth. Granting him permission to enter, his tongue soon explores my mouth, and mine his. When we eventually pull away, it's because I'm incredibly out of breath- not that I care at this moment.

"Sorry, are you okay?" Asks Derek, his hand holding mine, our fingers interwined.

"I'm... Fine." I say between heavy breaths. Derek raises his eyebrows in disbelief, and simply pulls my into a hug where I'm squished against his torso, him gently stroking my check with his thumb, until I fall into the most comfortable sleep I've had in a while.

***
A/N sorry this was boring but very Stereky:-) um so basically I'm probably coming to the end of the story soonish so I'll probably do a few more happy chapters then go into an ending? Yeah please keep voting and commenting!