Chapter 9

Camille gasped.

"Oh golly!" Cried Bre'r Rabbit, hopping off of Camille's lap into the side, clutching onto the rails for his dear life.

"We have to get off, now!" She said, getting up to jump off. Suddenly, as she stepped off, her foot touched an invisible barrier, sending her flying back into the chair.

"Camille!?" Asked Oliver, standing up. She groaned, sitting up and rubbing her forehead.

"We're not getting off anytime soon." Camille said. Oliver took a glance at the drop, which drew nearer. He then quickly grabbed his backpack with rock climbing things.

"What are you doing?" Asked Camille, touching the border with her finger. A small light came on, surronding the whole log.

"We're going to have to stay on the log while this happens." Said Oliver, tying up a rope to the railing.

"What!?" Asked a panicked Camille, looking at what Oliver was doing. Oliver then tied the rope around his waist.

The log ascended up the drop, and Oliver pulled the rope tighter, tugging it to make sure it wasn't loose. Then, the log went upright, causing Oliver to put his feet on the back of the seat in front of him to keep steady. Bre'r Rabbit hopped onto Oliver's shoulder, shivering and clinging onto his shoulder.

Camille, however, was not so lucky. She screamed as the log went upright, and held onto the seat, her body dangling off the log.

"Oliver, help!" She cried, trying not to fall off.

"Hold on, Camille!" Oliver cried, setting Bre'r Rabbit on the back of a seat above him. Then, he bent down slowly, reaching for Camille.

-------------------

"Wait a sec... Are those skeletons supposed to move?" Asked Amber, pointing to the small island to their right. Skeletons with swords in hand roamed the small island.

"No..." Said Marcus, crossing his fingers that they would be able to pass by without drawing any attention to themselves.

No such luck.

"Saviors!" One of them said. Another threw his sword at the pair. Marcus' instincts came out, and he pulled Amber down to the bottom of the ship, the sword flying over them.

"Get 'em!" Someone yelled. The skeletons started throwing and shooting at them, Amber and Marcus down on the ground, ducking all the throws.

"What do we do, what do we do!?" Asked Amber. Marcus knew exactly.

"We have to duck. I think I know what the problem is." Said Marcus. Amber rose an eyebrow.

"Captain Barbossa is on this ride. He's a leader. He might also be a Dark One, considering-"

"He's the main villain in The Curse of the Black Pearl." Amber joined Marcus' sentence, saying it with him. She grinned.

"That's it! He's looking for Jack Sparrow, and us while he's at it. Good idea, Marcus!" She cried, giving him a hug.

The hug was interrupted, though, by a different Dark One.

"Saviors... I see you're onto us." Amber looked up and bit her lip.

"Davy Jones." She sighed.

-------------------------

"Camille, you're going to have to let go!" Oliver's voice could be heard from anywhere on the ride.

"Are you crazy?!" Camille yelled, knowing they were too high up for her to let go and survive the fall.

"You need to give me your hand, and when you do, I'll be able to hold you so you don't fall off!" Oliver explained. Camille shook her head.