Chapter 4

EMI POV

We got everything we need to buy and headed for the counter. Finally! I could get some rest after this. *sigh* Maou took Alas from the cart(the little seat in the cart) and carried her in his arms. After we waited in the long line, it's finally our turn.

"Ma'am, are you gonna use your card or cash?" The lady asked.

"I'm gonna use my card." I said as I took my purse to get my wallet.

"Okay. Ma'am there is a promo going on. Would you like to hear about it?" She said.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked her.

"If you win this contest, all the things you will buy will be half off."

"Ha..half off?! All?!" I asked as I was shocked in what I heard. If I ever win that contest, it would save a lot of money!

"Yes, ma'am. The contest is called "The Best Family". If you enter the contest with your husband and your daughter..."*she's pointing at Maou and Alas*

"Hu..Husb..?!"

"Sure! What about it?" Maou suddenly butt in, cutting off in what I was about to say. He also wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Ma..MAOU!" I shouted at him while I was blushing so hard.

"They will take a picture of you then later at 5 pm, they will decide who would be the best family. Then the picture of the winner would be our new advertisement in our new product." The lady said to us.

"Oh, really? Then sign us up!" Maou said to her.

"Okay, I'll just get the list." The lady said.

"Wait, what?! We didn't even decided it together!" I said to Maou.

"Oh c'mon! We need to save money for Alas' things, right? This would really help us!"

"Bu..but..we're not...even a real family."

"Sure, we are. We got Alas, right?" He said while grinning at me.

It is true that Alas is our daughter but that still doesn't change the fact that we're not husband and wife! And if that picture shows everywhere...

"Here is the list, sir. Just sign your names here then go to that corner, over there."*she's pointing at where a lot of people have gathered around.*

"C'mon, Emi! Let's go!" He said as he took the cart and put Alas at the little seat. Then he took my arm and dashed to where the contest is.

*sigh* As I was thinking that I would finally get some rest after this, it turned out to be the opposite!

THE LADY POV

"*giggle* Her family sure is fun! I bet they would win the contest." I said as I watch them head to contest.