Chapter 13

~Author's POV~

"W-we lost them." Maou said while panting from all the running they did.

"Y-yeah." Emi said.

They looked at each other to see if they were fine. But it lasted longer than they expected. They stared for almost a full minute. Until innocent, little Alas=Ramus spoke, breaking their staring contest.

"M-mama, papa, why *huff we running?" Alas=Ramus asked while also panting.

"Sorry Alas=Ramus! We made you tired from all the running." Emi said as she lift her up from the ground to her chest.

"Ish owkay!" Then she smiled at her mommy.

"Hey, Alas=Ramus, do you want to see who gets to won the event? It might be us!" Maou said to her.

"Yesh! Mama, papa, Alas=Ramus winners!" Alas=Ramus said happily.

Maou and Emi both smiled at their cute little daughter. But they eventually faced each other again. Maou immediately faced the other way to prevent him from staring at her beautiful eyes again.

"T-then let's go!" He said.

"Y-yeah."

Then they started to walk.

When they reached the event's place, the result they got is what they didn't expect.

"We...didn't won?" Maou said sadly.

He turned his head towards his companion slowly.

"Ah..y-yeah.." Emi said while her eyes started to tear up.

"E-Emi?!"

"H-hey! I-it's not like I'm expecting it anyway." She said but her face shows the opposite.

"We didn't wan?" Alas=Ramus said sadly.

"Yeah. But it's just a stupid picture event anyway." Then Emi started to walk away.

Maou knows that even if she says it was just a stupid event, it really means a lot to her. He walked towards her and wrap his arms around Emi's waist from behind. He put his head on her shoulder.

"Kya! W-wha-what the hell are you doing?!" She said while blushing.

"It's okay, Emi." He said with a sincere voice. "We could take as many pictures as we want when we get home."

"Maou..."

"No need to cry over it. It's not worth it."

Emi stared at his face for a while then smiled.

"Okay."

Then he let go.

"Mama, don't cry! Alas=Ramus will alsho cry!"

"Hahahaha I won't cry, Alas=Ramus."

"She's not crying now but she'll cry later." Maou said.

"What?! I won't."

"Mama will cry?"

"No!" Then Emi faced Maou. "I thought you said it's not worth it."

"I did. But I know you have a weak heart so I know you'll cry later."

"I don't have a weak heart."

"Yes you do. All girls do. You all cry for such little things."

"Wha-" But Emi couldn't think of any counter attacks so he just glared at him. "Idiot."

"Hahahahaha..."

"Announcement for all the participants of the event. We forgot to tell you about the special awards besides the real winner."

"What?"

"Why don't we check it, Emi?"

"Okay."

Then they started to walk back to the board with the results on.

"What the-" Emi said.

"We actually...won?" Maou said.

"But it says..."The Cutest Family".

"We wan?" Alas=Ramus asked.

They both looked at Alas=Ramus with a big grin on their faces.

"YES ALAS=RAMUS! WE WON! HAHAHAHAHA!" Then Maou took her from Emi's arms.

Little did they know that Emi started to tear up.

"Hey Em-Why are you crying?!"

"Mama's crying! Papa help her!"

"You're right Maou, *sniff girls do cry a lot. But this is definitely *sniff worth it." She said between sniffs.

"Emi..."

Suddenly, a warm body has attached itself to Emi's body. His soft hand has pushed her head towards his chest. While his other hand is carrying their daughter.

"You're such an idiot for crying just for that."

"W-who are you calling an idiot, idiot!"

"Hahahaha..."

They stayed like that for a long time, not minding the people passing by. They didn't protest or even move an inch, getting comfortable at each other's arms.

"Hey Emi."

"What?"

"Let's celebrate later."

"...okay."

They still stayed in that position.

"Hey Emi."

"What?" Sounding a little irritated.

"Um..we should let go now. We're attracting people..again."

After hearing that, Emi immediately let go of him. Her whole face was bright as tomato.

"I-It's your own fault for hugging me so suddenly!"

"Alright, alright. Let's go home before it gets dark already."

"Fine."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hey guys!

This is my birthday gift to myself hahahaha (cause it's my birthday today! Hooray for me!)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be coming next week? I'll try though hahaha.

Oh and BTW PLEASE READ MY OTHER HATARAKU MAOU-SAMA! FANFICTION! ONE SONG, ONE SHOT!

THANKS AGAIN!