Prologue

* Hope's POV:

H-O-P-E. Hope's the name. Love it or leave it, I'm at the top of the game. (Picture at top - swipe)

If you haven't caught on already, my name's Hope. Hope LaCienega (pron. La-Cee-En-Ic-A') Gonzalez. Everyone knows me-better yet, everyone wants to BE me. Boys flock to my feet and girls stay having my name in their mouth. I guess it tastes good to them.

Everyone thinks my life is amazing, but they don't know the half of it.

My mother has been in a coma for the past ten years ever since her stupid boyfriend pushed her out a window when they were fighting. My father died running the streets when I was about 8, so right now, I live with my grandma, who doesn't seem to give a finuck about me.

The only person I can rely on around here is my lifeline, Brooklyn. That girl has been with me through EVERYTHING! We been inseperable ever since the first day of middle school when we both were the only sixth graders to make the basketball team.

She's the only one who knows the real me and what I've been through. I trust her with my life and don't know what I'd be without her.

*Xavi's POV:

Running the streets ain't easy. You screw up and it's either jail or death. And there are NO second chances.

Nothing can make me leave this business. It's become a part of my life. It's my main source of income and people depend on ME to give them what they want.

It's just me and my niggas Marcus and K'eion. I keep my circle small and don't let silly things like girls and drama stand in my way.

My mom was a single mother with a low-paying job and very little child support from my father who was assigned some top-secret government job and hasn't been back home since I was six. She struggled to raise me and made sure that I was never in need and always had food to eat and a good shelter over my head. That's why I make it my goal in life to be succesful and the streets is the only way to go. No other way around it.

That's why I don't let nothing like drama or silly girls get in the way.

My motto: "We don't love these hoes"