Chapter 10

*A/N : Sh*t gets real in this chapter. Just a heads up. ;)

*Xavi's POV:

"Hope," I started. "Ever since this weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about you. At first, when you said I had to leave my life in the streets, I though you were out of your damn mind. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I would be a complete fool to let you slip through my fingers like that. Especially for something so temporary and irrelevant. Sure, it earns a decent amount of money, but I'd rather earn money doing a real, legal job that's SAFE and I don't gotta worry about my girl being in danger." He rubbed my arm and smiled at me, which sent chills up my spine."

Staring into her beautiful brown eyes was making me more nervous than I already was. 'Beautiful' by Mariah Carey & Miguel started playing in my head. It describes her perfectly. She was beautiful in my eyes. Just so. Damn. Beautiful.

"And that's why I quit. I quit my life on the streets. I left it all behind-- for the chance of being with you. I mean, you can't deny, we have something. Look at how we were the other night. We both can't ignore the fact we have feelings for each other."

Even though she wasn't saying anything, I could tell she wanted me. Yet, I still saw a glimmer of indecisiveness in her eyes.

"Come on guys!" Brooklyn stepped up and said. "Just kiss and hug and and makeup or whatever type of sh*t y'all gotta do! We know y'all both like each other. Stop being so damn awkward! Leaving the audience with suspense and sh*t. Come ON!"

She pushed our bodies so close together, I could smell the coconut lime mousse in Hope's hair. We stared into each other's eyes for a good five seconds until she wrapped her arms around me and whispered, "I'm yours."

When she said that, my heart nearly exploded with happiness. I couldn't help the smile that erupted onto my face.

I tilted her head up and leaned in to kiss her. I was beyond happy that Hope was finally my girl. It's like I've been waiting my whole life for this one moment.

I knew for sure that this was one girl I was never letting go.

************************************

*Hope's POV:

After my rendezvous with Xavi, we hurried back to class before the bell rang and the hall sweepers came out.

AS soon as we stepped in the classroom, the bell rang. I saw kids jump up out of their sleep. I laughed silently in my head.

"Alright, don't forget guys! The big test on King Fernando of Spain is NEXT WEEK!" Ms. Romero called out. I don't even know why she bothered trying. It's not like anyone listened to her ass anyways.

Me and Xavi packed up our stuff and headed to the door. Before I walked out, he stopped me and put his arm around me.

We stepped into the hallway and immediately, all eyes were on us. I spied Marcus and K'eion in the corner giving us questionable looks then changing it to a thumbs up. Brooklyn was ahead of me wearing that stupid smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Other kids were either confused or, in some other girls' case, looked jealous as hell.

I know what they were thinking. How the hell did a girl like me, Hope Gonzalez--a girl who never even wasted energy glancing at niggas-- end up with a guy like Xavi, who paid as much attention to girls as Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player. I didn't even understand it myself, but ti's whatever. Maybe we were meant to be.

************************************

"I'm five minutes away," he said.

"Ard," I said hanging up.