Chapter 2

With that, he took out his gun and aimed it at Xavi's head.

"Wait!," K'eion shouted and ran to the front of the restaraunt where the two were standing. "I'm sure we can work something out!"

All of a sudden I heard gunshots coming from behind me.

Marcus had took out his gun and starting shooting towards where Xavi and the man were standing.

Terrified and trembling, I was frozen in my spot. Flashbacks of my father started playing in fast forward throughout my mind. The hospital. Seeing him covered in blood on the hospital bed. The doctor telling me he didn't make it. Standing over his casket crying my eyes out that he was gone. 

Before I knew it, I had blacked out.

 ***********************************************************************************************************

I wake up clueless as to where I am. It's dark and the air smells like pineapples and gasoline, with a hint of cologne. 

I sit up and realize I'm in the back of a car.

"Ahhhhhhh!," I scream. I notice I'm not tied up or anything but my right leg is wrapped up in bandages and a towel soaked in blood is sitting nearby. My leg hurts so much to the point where I can barely move the right side of my body.

In deep pain, I reach over and try to open the door of the car so I can get out.

Suddenly, a familiar voice speaks up from the front seat. 
"You might not wanna leave until the pain wears off," the voice said.

The person in the front seat turns around and I see his face. It's Xavi.

"Since when do you tell me what to do?!" I yelled at him. "You almost got yo' ass killed in there! And how and why the hell did I end up in this car anyway?!"

"A bullet hit a cup near where you were standing and it shattered and a piece went straight into your leg. By the way, you're welcome for almost saving your life."

"Saving MY life?! You were the one with the gun pointed between your eyeballs! I was perfectly fine!"

"You blacked out." 

Talking to Xavi was just gettin me irritated more than I already was. Instead of him trying to save his own damn life, he out here trynna play Superman and save others. That's not how it's supposed to work.

*Xavi's POV:

Instead of her showing at least a hint of appreciation for saving her life, she here giving me attitude. I should've just left her helpless ass in the buildling and dipped out of there when I had the chance. 

As soon as Marcus pulled out his gun and started shooting, I ran towards where Hope was lying and pulled her out of there. I couldn't risk having innocent lives taken because of my own faults and actions. 

I saw she had a piece of glass sticking out her leg and blood was dripping everywhere. I got some towels and bandages from the pharmacy across the street. I wrapped up her leg while she lay there unconscious, with no clue as to what's going on.

She looked so peaceful. Her sandy colored complexion complimented her dark brown hair that perfectly caressed her shoulders. She had the perfect hourglass figure which confused me because everytime I saw her, she was eating something. And her lips. They were perfectly pink and plump. They made me just wanna reach down and kiss them for days and days and days.

Gosh, what the hell am I thinking? This was the same ol' rude bitch that made everyone bow down to her and never thought of anyone but herself. Why was I even helping her ass anyway?

Suddenly, a loud scream interuppts my thoughts. I immediately realize it's Hope.

At first, I don't say nothing but then I hear her struggling to get the car door open.

"You might not want to leave until the pain wears off," I said.

I turn around and face her. She has a hint of fright in her eyes but that quickly disappears and they become dark and hostile again.

"SInce when do you tell me what to do?!" she yelled at me. 

Who this bitch think she is to be yelling at me? After all, I'm the one who risked my life trynna save hers! Then she gon do me like this?!

In a calm voice, I explain what happened. She starts screaming again and eventually I just stop trying.

I drive her home and help her into her apartment. I don't see no adults around so I assume that they're all asleep or somethin.

Driving back to my place, I couldn't stop thinking bout her. I knew behind that attitude was somebody else and that she would just have to open up and show me who it was. 

I don't know why but suddenly, I felt like I wanted to get to know Hope Gonzalez better. Not the saucy,  stuck-up Hope but the one underneath who nobody else knows. 

But what happened to the vow I made with myself. I said I wanted to be succesful in life and not have to struggle like my mama did. I can't be softening up for no girls. After all, WE DON"T LOVE THESE HOES.

But I don't know, there's just something about her.