Chapter 9

*Hope's POV:

"Heyy B," I said cautiously walking to her. "What's with the long face?"

I reached out and pinched her chubby cheeks throwing my famous puppy dog face at her. I was trying to play things off hoping she didn't see what just happened a couple minutes ago.

"You ain't walk with me today," she said with a sour face.

"Sorry, I was walking and then this car stopped on the side of the road and offered me a ride," I said.

"So you taking rides from strangers now?" I could tell she didn't believe a word I was saying.

"Nahh, it was a friend," I replied.

"Oh, ard," she rolled her eyes then walked away.

I wanted to call out to her and explain everything, but I knew it would be just a big life.

I just stood there helpless, desperate for Brooklyn to come back with no memory of what just happened. I watched the people around me shuffle about rushing to their classes-- Brooklyn's chestnut brown hair disappearing in the thickening crowd.

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV:

I pulled up to the school and almost ran inside at how excited I was. 

Today was the day I was going to make Hope Gonzalez my girl.

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV:

Thank God, Brooklyn lightened up a little after a couple hours. See? This is why we're best friends. We can NEVER stay mad at each other. She my ride or die bitch-- through thick or thin. I know I'll always be there for her, and her always there for me. 

We was sitting down at lunch, clowning as usual. We were talking bout the BET Awards and how Kevin Hart was acting hella crazy.

"TURN UP MAN! TURN UP!" Brooklyn said mocking him.

"Hashtag, that seat must be happy," I winked. We erupted into a fit of laughter.

"I swear, he was on something that night. But then again, that's Kevin for you," she laughed. 

"True!" I laughed some more. 

I then looked over and caught Xavi staring at me from another table. My heart skipped two beats and I started smiling.

"Girl, you smiling like Lance Gross just came in the room shirtless," she smiled. "Or wait. Did he?!"

She looked extra dumb twisting around in her seat, her eyes frantically looking for Lance Gross who was no where around. She stopped looking around the room when her eyes landed on the same person I was looking at.

She turned around and gave me that look, "Y'all should just go ahead and go together already. Y'all being erky keeping everything on the downlow. It's OBVIOUS y'all two both like each other. Ughhh! Or do I have to do EVERYTHING?"

I took my gaze off Xavi and looked back at her. "No, it's fine. Me and Xavi ain't meant for each other and you already know why. There's other niggas out in the nigga sea."

So what I got butterflies almost every time I saw him. So what my heart beat a little faster whenever I heard his name? So what no matter how much I said I liked DeMarco, Xavi always found a way back into my heart?

It's not like me and Xavi would ever be more than friends. I'm surprised we're even 'friends' in the first place (if that's what you wanna call it).