Chapter 4

*Hope's POV:

"Erry time I go out, you know I gotta showout!" I thought to myself as I observed myself in the mirror. I picked up my iPhone and started taking a couple selfies.

Brian's party was in a few hours and I was ready to tear that muhhhf-cka UP!

My leg had healed up a little and only a small scar remained so I decided it was time to show some legs tonight. I had on a biege cami tucked into a turquoise high low skirt with biege heels to match. My hair fell in perfect waves which stopped right under my boobs. I look and felt like a mermaid right out of water. Aini't nobody gon steal my thunder tonight.

I heard my front door bang open downstairs and instantly hear Brooklyn's loudass yelling my name. 

"I'm upstairs!" I yell back.

A couple seconds later, she runs into my room. When she sees me, her eyes drop in surprise. 

"If you a bad bitch, put your hands up high! Hands up high! Hands up high!" she exclaimed as she looked me up and down.

"UOENO!" I agreed as I waved my hands in the air.

We were both bad and we knew it. Brooklyn look like a bag of money in her cheetah print leggings, black chiffon shirt, and black heeless heels.

"Ayee! My chick bad, lookin like a bag of money! Twerk sum' lil mama!"

"Hahaha! Your chick bad lookin like she effin hungry! Where the food at?!" she said as she walked to the kitchen. Of course. This girl stayed hungry. Not a minute went by when she didn't have food in her mouth. It was a wonder how she stayed so damn skinny.

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV:

I was ready to get turnt the f-ck up tonight!

Me and my niggas, Marcus and K'eion was on our way to Brian's party and were hella excited. I was rey get faded and have a good time.

Of course K'eion and Marcus was plannin on finding the baddest bitch in there, screw her, then drop her at the end of the night. I might get danced on, a lil bumpin and grindin, but that's about it. I wasn't trynna lead no girl on. That's how all these girls end up as insecure hoes runnin around searching for the next dick to fill em up. It's cause guys be banging em and leaving them not knowing these hoes catching feelings like people catch the flu.

We pull up to the scene and already I can tell this party gon be live. The baddest bitches from all corners of Dale County came out tonight dressed  to IMPRESS. 

I look over a few feet and I see Hope once again. Damn, she looked good. Her long legs in that dress mmm! She had a body like Ciara. Her body looked like a party and I was eager to attend.

I stepped out the car and immediately headed for the doors leading to the party. I got in and boy was it wild. Strobe lights were going off and on everywhere, "Buggatti" by Future was blasting from the speakers in the corner and everyone was dancing and seemed to be having a good time. A couple girls were in the corner twerking like their lives depended on it. "Smchh, hoes," I thought to myself.

I swam through the enormous crowd keeping my eyes peeled for that distinct sleek brown hair. 

Suddenly, the room quiets down and everyone is turned towards the front. In steps Hope and her friend. I see all the hoes in the corner twist their faces in disgust but they was just hatin cause Hope and her friend stole the show. They looked AMAZING and I couldn't keep my eye off them--especially her. I keep an eye on the two for a couple minutes, debating when I should make my move, but soon, I lost her again in the deep sea of the crowd.

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV: 

I only pulled up a few minutes ago and I could already tell sh-t was boutta go DOWN! When me and Brook stepped inside, all eyes turned on us. Brook looked a lil uncomfortable but I was lovinggggg it. It felt good knowing I was the one and only bad bitch in the room.

Me and Brooklyn head straight for a table in the corner of the room. We order some drinks and after a while head to the dance floor. It was nice to forget about all my worries and live a carefree life for the night.

Brooklyn says she's going to the restroom so I go over to the bar while I wait for her to come back.

I'm ordering a drink when I look across the bar and see a boy that made my heart instantly drop to my feet. He had pretty brown eyes with long lashes and he had the most adorable smile. He turned and we locked eyes for a few seconds when I realized it was DeMarco Jaimeson (pic on right), a boy that had the biggest crush on me in seventh grade. All the girls in my grade were practically in love with him but I guess he wasn't really my type so I never paid interest in him. He really wasn't all that. 

But boyyyy, did he look good right now. He started walking towards me and butterflies started fluttering around in my chest. 

"Hope Gonzalez. How could I ever forget you?" he laughed. He had a cute laugh too. Oooo, I just wanted to snatch him up and put him in a bowl of ice cream!

"Dagg, I barely recognized you over there. How you been?"

We continued talking and flirting for about five minutes. 

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and it's Brooklyn, but instead of looking at me, she's looking straight ahead. I turn back around and see that she's looking dead at DeMarco and DeMarco back at her. They seemed like they were both in a trance and it was kind of pissing me off how they forgot about me all of a sudden.

Then I remembered, Brooklyn dated DeMarco at the beginning of seventh grade. How could I forget? That was the most drama-filled relationship I have EVER seen in my entire seventeen years of me being here on earth. Every two seconds, they would be fighting over something stupid like  how far Chipotle was from Brooklyn's house. Then they'd make up five minutes later like nothing happened. And I was always dragged right into the middle of it.

"Let's go," Brooklyn said as she pulled me away from the bar. 

"Wait!" DeMarco called out. He handed me a slip of paper and I opened up to find his number scrawled across it. With a wink and my signature smile I accepted it and walked away. I was feeling myself and I loved it. DeMarco may have started from the bottom but damn, he was THERE!

Hold up, he was still Brooklyn's ex. I couldn't go after him. It's one of the top rules in girl code: Don't date or mess with your friend's exes, much less your BEST FRIEND's exes. I couldn't lose Brook to a stupid boy. 

But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get DeMarco off my mind for the rest of the night. Whatever happened between us, maybe Brooklyn didn't have to know....