Chapter 7

*Xavi's POV:

"Xavi, wait up!" a voice behind me said.

I turned around to see Brooklyn running up behind me.

What does she want? I'm trying to walk home from school in peace. I don't need her loud, annoying ass following me.

"What's up?" I asked dryly.

"Nothing much, you?" she replied.

"Same," I said back.

"So uhh, I see you looking at my friend Hope in the hallways and stuff. You interested?" she asked.

"The f-ck? What you mean you see me looking? A nigga got eyes. He can look wherever and at whatever he wants," I retorted.

Hope was the last person I wanted to talk about right now. THe sound of her name was just annoying me more than I already was.

"No need to get rude," Brooklyn snapped, "I was just asking a question."

"Whatever," I said.

"So you interested or not?" she asked.

"Look Brooklyn, I really don't want to talk about this now. Can you please just let me walk home in peace?" I said, my voice getting louder with every word. Brooklyn was really making me frustrated.

"Sounds like someone's on their man periooooddd," she sang.

That's it. I'm done. "Please! Leave!" I yelled.

A hint of fear settled over Brooklyn's face. Then anger slowly took over. She finally started walking away.

I breathed a sigh of relief and continued on my way home.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you..." I heard her say in a quiet voice behind me.

I turned around and see her standing there. I immediately feel bad about going off on her earlier.

"She likes you too," she finished. She started walking away.

My heart jumped in my chest and I swear, heard a thousand angels in my head sing "Hallelujah!" i couldn't hide the smile that came onto my face.

"Wait!" I called out to her.

She turned around and glared at me. I'm guessing she was mad at me about what happened earlier.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you," I apologized. "I just had a rough day and-"

"I know," she explained. "I saw what happened in the hallway."

"Yeaaaa...." I said.

"Hope just....she likes you..... she just doesn't want to BE with you," she said.

Once she said that, all the fireworks that had been erupting throughout my body died-all in a matter of 90 seconds.

"What you mean she don't wanna be with me?" I asked. "You just said she likes me. The f-ck?"

"Yeah, but she... you know what? You're gonna have to ask her," she sighed.

"Dammit Brooklyn, I'm asking YOU. Why can't you just tell me?" I was beginning to get annoyed with Brooklyn again.

"Because I can't. Just keep trying with her and trust me, she'll eventually tell you," she said.

"Try? What the f-ck you think I been doing?!" I screamed. "Mane, f-ck this," I said kicking a nearby rock.

The rest of the walk home, I was mad as f-ck. At both Brooklyn and Hope. Brooklyn, for not telling me whatever lame sh*t she claim she can't tell me on why Hope won't go w/ me and Hope, because she was being so damn difficult.