Chapter 1

*Hope's POV:

I HATE hospitals. I repeat, I HATE hospitals. They just full of sadness and pain and stuff I don't like being around, especially the fact I have enough of it in my life. 

Whatever, I'm here to visit my ma. I always visit her at least once a day and tell her about my day and stuff. I know she hears me and even though she doesn't reply, It feels good to talk to her and know she's there.

"Hey mama," I say as I enter the room. She's laying there, beautiful as usual. Her deep, caramel colored eyes stare blankly into space and her long, silky dark brown hair is settled perfectly on her shoulders. People say I look just like her with our matching honey brown skin complexion and our deep brown eyes that could stare you down into the deepest part of your soul.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my mama. She's all I have and I can't imagine life without her.

I tell her about school- the usual fake bitches, dumbass players, and the latest drama going on between some girl and her no good babydaddy. I swear, my school could have its own reality show. There's always something new going on. Either some nigga cheated on his faithful girl for a nasty hoe or some new chick is pregnant with her second child and don't know who the baby daddy is. I swear, what happened to teenagers? We all just wasting our life doing stupid stuff then end up having unneccessary regrets. What happened to us being normal?

I look at my watch and realize it's almost 6, which means it's almost time for work.

I head over to Waffle House to start my shift and see the usual clowns, Xavi and Marcus, hanging around just doing their usual, waiting on their next customer to stop by.

I don't understand why all the boys in my city have to become a part of the "street life". Why can't they find something else to occupy their time like trying to find a succesful career without risking the feds or their life? Then every minute they wanna claim "They different, yeah they different". Smchh! Okay.

*Xavi POV: (Picture at right)

Here she comes. Hope. I swear, that girl is soooo stuck up and thinks the whole world revolves around her. She thinks she can pull any guy she wants and actually she can. Well, every guy except me.

Ion't mess with cocky girls because honestly, I ain't bout all that. They the types to be using niggas for their money and niggas like me with lots of it gotta watch out. I see some guys be buying their girls designer purses and the latest clothes all to be cheated on by their her with some useless no-good nigga. That's why I don't go around looking for girls because honestly, they just a headache I ain't cut out to deal with. It takes real searching to find somebody who's "wifey material" and I don't have time for that so for now, it's just me and my boys.

"Ayee Hope," my friend Marcus calls out. "I see you looking mighty fye today!"

I swear, Marcus will try to hook up with anything that has a big booty and a good mouth (if you know what I mean). He don't mess around with relationships, he's just the type to f-ck and duck. I feel bad for some of the girls though because they be catching feelings on the low but whatever, it's his life-not mine's. 

With a roll of her eyes, Hope continues walking right by. See, this is what I mean-cocky. Oooooooo, I wish somebody could humble her mean ass.

*Hope's POV: 

I hate my job, but it's the only job I can find that pays me a decent amount of money so that I can still take care of myself without my mother. 

I'm cleaning up one of the tables when I see Xavi and his niggas walk in.

"Oh Lord," I think to myself. They just too much for me. Then this nigga Marcus want to holler at me like I'm one of those hoes he be picking up on the street. What he think this is?

They sit down at a table and I walk over to take their orders.

"So, you ignored me outside. Why you ain't say thank you when I compimented you?," Marcus said to me smiling that disgusting smile that he does when he trynna get some booty for later on.

"Because I'm not one of your trashy, monkey-faced hoes that you got on speed dial in case you get horny at night."

"Smch," Marcus sucked his teeth and turned silently back to his menu.

I took their orders and started walking to the kitchen when I see someone strange and unfamiliar walk in. He was big and by big I meant BIG. Standing side by side, he'd probably make Rick Ross look miniature. He had a thin, white beard hanging down from the center of his chin and big black sunglasses

The city I live in is so small that everyone basically knows everybody. It's rare for me to ever see a stranger walk into Waffle House and if I do, I can tell if their a tourist just stopping by for a bite to eat. But this guy looked like trouble.

He was staring past me and I assumed he was focusing on something behind me.

I turn around and see Xavi, Marcus, and K'eion's faces turn as white as the wall behind them.

With a loud, booming voice, the man screams across the whole restaraunt to Xavi, "WHERE'S THE STUFF?!"

See, this is why I don't mess around with street niggas or anything having to deal with the streets. It's just too much for me and you have to deal with people like this. This is how people end up in jail or worse, like my father--dead. 

I want to just get out of the restaraunt and let Xavi and the man handle their business.

"I don't have it today because the shipment's delayed by a few days, but Monte, it'll be here by Saturday. I pro--"

"SATURDAY?! No, you didn't understand when I said I needed it by  Wednesday! You claim you the "King of the Streets" but be disappointing your customers like this?! Smch! Some "King" you are!"

With that, he pulls out his gun and aims it at Xavi. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A/N 

Hey guys, sooo it's my first story so I ask that you guys PLEASEEE bear with me. Yes, their will be errors and I'm not really the best writer so if you don't like it, please leave your negative comments to yourself. But besides that, enjoyyyyy! :)