Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I stood close to my locker as I looked over my shoulder at the girls who always have to make a comment about me. Everything I do is stupid to them and nothing I do is ever right. They'll do anything to see me miserable. I got my book and stood there and waited until they left. When they did, I sighed loudly and slammed my locker door shut. I spun around on my heels and started to walk very fast to my first class. Much to my surprise, I didn't get very far when I immediately ran into someone.

I stood with my arms out and then smacking them to my sides as I looked at my books on the ground. "Wow thanks.", I said bending down to grab them.

I heard him chuckle and then say, "Sorry, but you shouldn't have ran then."

"Yeah well. It was the only way out.", I said under my breath.

"Out of what?"

"Out of-", I stopped myself as I stood up and looked at him for the first time. I haven't seen him here before. He was taller than me, but he didn't look older, just more mature. "Actually, never mind."

"Okay then... Well, I'm Zayn. And you are...?"

"L-Lou.", looking in his eyes made me lose my words. I shook my head and continued, "Louisa. My name's Louisa."

"Well, Louisa, it's taking you quite long to get words out. So I'll just leave you alone then, alright?" He put his hands in his pockets and started walking away, but there's no chance I'd let that walk away from me.

I walked a little faster up next to him. "What's your first class?"

"Room 211, why?"

I stopped walking and he mimicked my action. "It's this way." I laughed, pointing in the opposite direction that he was walking.

"Oh. That's embarrassing." He turned and walked with me the other way.

"It's okay. It's obviously your first day."

"How do you know?"

"Because by looking at you, if you had been here since the beginning of the year, you'd be hanging out with them," I nodded my head towards Lilly and her 'group', "instead of me."

"Why? What's up with them?"

"Fake bitches who hate me."

"What's wrong with you?", he looked down at me.

I looked at him, then down at the ground, "I'd sure like to know."

He didn't say anything, but I felt him looking at me. Breaking the awkwardness, we had finally got to the classroom.

"Thanks for showing me where the room was.", he said.

I laughed a little, "It's not a problem. It's my home room too."

"Oh, wow. I'm just continuously embarrassing myself today, huh?"

"No really, it's okay. You're really not though.", I laughed again.

We walked into the classroom, and we were one of the first people in there. I was always first usually. Anything to avoid drama in the halls.

He just stood there awkwardly. He leaned down to me and whispered, "Where do I sit?"

"I sit back there in the corner.", I pointed to my seat clear in the left, back corner of the room. "Nobody sits around me though, so you could probably sit by me. But that's only if you wanna get laughed at on your first day, so you should probably sit over here." I pointed to a seat towards the middle of the room. With that I started walking back to my seat. When I sat down, I noticed he had followed and sat right next to me. "Are you serious?"