Chapter 4

Chres's POV

I'd just told them that Ray's neck is fascinating and it is but who would say that apart from a vampire. No one, that's who. so why we're they looking at me like I'd sprouted a third head or something.

I just shrugged and started to sing that new song by Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne. I watched them from the corner of my eyes as they looked at each other then back at me with matching expressions. Wait for it, wait for it...

"Chresanto..." There it is.

They obviously want an explanation for my behaviour but I honestly don't have one. I accepted the fact that I was a vampire when I woke up and that was before I fainted again after seeing Ray's many faces. Seeing his face turning into all those different creatures just threw me off a bit because one of the creatures was a snake. God, how I hate those devils.

This one was big though, very big. I only saw the head but it was scary enough to make me faint. It's just that there's the way snakes coil, kinda stiffly but still flexible that makes me break out in a cold sweat. Anything that has a head that resembles a snake's, I hate. I had a bad experience with a snake when I was about eight years old and it scarred me for life.

"Chressy." Perry called, snapping me out of my depressing thoughts. Yeah, I'm calling him Perry. You hate it? Sue me. Besides, he said he likes it so your opinion doesn't really matter.

"What?" I looked at him. He was still sitting on Craig's lap. If I remember correctly, he's the one that carried me from the crash site.

"What do you mean 'what'?" He slides off Craig's lap.

"What do you want me to say?" I looked at him.

"Anything."

"There's nothing to say, Perry. I know I'm a vampire. I know I'm supposed to be dead and I know that I hate my parents, if they're still alive." Okay, maybe there is stuff to say but still.

"Chressy..." He trailed off but I know what he wants to say. I hate pity and the look in his eyes is definitely pity. I didn't want to become a vampire, heck, I didn't want Perry to become a vampire but I had no choice in the matter because I was too weak, plus I wanted him to still be alive even though he would hate me when he woke up. I didn't want to be a bloodsucker but it looks like fate had other plans for me.

"It's not so bad being a vampire. We're faster and stronger than normal people. We live forever as long as we don't get killed and and we age slowly. Like when we age a year, humans age twenty years and we don't need to eat food or breath because we can survive without them." Ray explained.

I don't care about never dying and growing slowly or being faster and stronger than humans. Doesn't he know that? Plus, anyone that doesn't breathe is not normal, then again, vampires are not classified as 'normal'.

I don't even know what normal is anymore, not since the plane crash because everything that happened since then is anything but.

"So?"

Craig's POV

He didn't look impressed at the things Ray said. I thought most teenagers nowadays were all full of themselves and greedy. You know, the one's that would give anything to live forever, even their soul. But Chres has proved me wrong. Even at the mention of being stronger and faster than humans didn't faze him. I like him already.

"So?" He raised one eyebrow and looked at Ray.

I like him already. Not in that way though. Yet. I can tell that we're going to get along well. He seems like the quiet, book nerd kind of guy. Not that there's anything wrong with reading books, if I found it wrong then I'd be a hypocrite because I'm a book nerd, especially romance novels. It's fascinating to read about someone else's love life even though some of the stories are made up.