Chapter One

Zendaya’s POV

 I sit in the car and wave to Val as my mom drives away. My mom turns to me and smiles, “Oh, so your dancer partner is Val Chmervokskiy?”

I nod, “Yeah, I think he was quite disappointed about my age though, like he probably thinks I am not mature enough or something, but when we dance, I am going to prove to him and America that I can do it.”

My mom nods her head and smiles, “That’s my girl. Do you know who your competition is?”

“Not all of them but I know some, like Jacoby Jones, Wynonna Judd, and Olympian Aly Raisman!” I say as I pick up my phone to tweet to my fans.

@Zendaya: I am going to be on Dancing with the Stars :D catch it on ABC on Monday and Tuesday at 7pm !

I put my phone back down and sigh. I just realized how tired I am, Val and I worked extra hard today, so that calls for an extra hour of sleep. When I I get home, I run to my room and plop on my bed, but then I get a notification on my laptop.

I groan, but I walk to my laptop and open it. I am getting a Skype notification from Bella; she probably wants to know how my first day of practice went. I click accept,

“Hey Z!”

“Hi Bell, what’s up!?”

She smiles, “I just wanted to know how your first day of practice was with your new dance partner.”

I raise my eyebrow and smile, “In other words, you want to know what cutie I got paired up with and what dance we got?”

She claps her hands, “Oh, you know me so well. So spill who is it?”

I shrug, “Just Val…”

Her jaw dropped, “The cutie Ukrainian dancer!? You are the luckiest girl ever; Val was so amazing last season with Kelly. So I know you guys will do great too!”

I nod, “Yeah, I think we could do well, even if I am the youngest.”

She smiles, “AND because you got paired with the cutest dancer on the show!”

I roll my eyes and smile, “Oh come on Bell...”

She opens her mouth, “Z!? Are you serious right now? Val is super cute, very humble, and he is the sweetest guy dancer on that show!”

“Eh, I guess I can agree with him being sweet, but I’ve only known him for—a couple of hours, so I don’t really know much about him.” I say as I rest my face on my hand, trying so hard not to fall asleep.

Bella raises her eyebrow, “So you’re telling me you don’t find him attractive?”

I smile, “Of course I do! He is really cute! But we’re just dance partners, nothing more. I practice, then we preform, that’s it.”

She laughs, “I know you Z, you said you’re just partners now, but sooner or later this is going to become more than just a ‘dance competition’ for you, everything you do, you get a wonderful experience from it. So what dance did you get?”

“Contemporary.”

Her jaw drops, “Oh my gosh, that dance is so—sexy! Do you think you can do it?”

I nod, and try to keep my eyes open, “Y—yeah…”

Bella frowns, “Oh Z, you look so tired. You should go to bed; I’ll talk to you later.”

I nod, “Okay.” I press end, and then jump in bed, and slowly fall asleep. Finally after a hard day, I can get a long sleep.”

I was wrong, because when I opened my eyes, I see my mom sitting on my bed side. I sit up and rub my eyes, “What is it mom?”