Alternate Ending

DAY: ---

Larkin Evey Barnes

I lost track of the days years ago. My life has been filled with too many things to do to pay attention to the number of days anymore. But I don't care. I've got Bucky and our son William. Not to mention another little couple of bundles on the way. Honestly when we both found out, at the hospital when I was getting another treatment for the Aether, Bucky nearly passed out. The Aether treatment was stopped until we made our decision. I was scared of course, having another baby kind of made everything even more hectic. But after seeing that it was twins I certainly collapsed with sudden waves of high emotion. That's as far as we went with the surprises. We didn't want to know the gender until it was time, our hearts needed a bit of time to ease from the excitement just a little.

William was a beautiful boy. He looked exactly like Bucky, but his eyes changed to a dark brown and he gained freckles on his nose and cheeks. Like all mothers I brag about how he's the most beautiful boy ever to walk the Earth. But then again in my eyes he's absolutely perfect. He was three when we found out I was pregnant again and boy, was he excited. I remember he kept asking me if he was going to have a baby brother or sister, and when we told him that he was going to have two siblings, he flipped out.

Bucky punched the bag that hung from the beam downstairs. The sliding glass doors were open, letting in the light of the late afternoon. He'd been at this all day, no reason why from what I could figure. His hair was pulled behind his head in a small pony tail with the hair that was long enough for him to pull back. Most of it still hung in his eyes. I sat on the steps behind him, waiting and watching as the muscles in his back tensed before each strike. Sweat glistened on his skin and his shirt clung to his back, he'd been working himself so hard lately that it worried me.

When he finally stopped he clutched the punching back chain in one hand until it's swinging settled. "How long have you been sitting there?" he asked, his voice was low and quiet.

"For a few minutes. Not long." I answered.

"Is William-"

"He's asleep, wore him out today at the park with his buddies." I stood from the stairs and Bucky turned around with a slight smile. "I'm surprised he wore out so quickly, I thought he'd still be running around bursting with energy."

"Are you doing alright?" He asked me, taking my hand and pulling me to his chest for a soft kiss.

"I'm fine. But you," I kissed his nose, "could use a good shower."

"I do indeed, and you should join me while we have this chance." He put his hands on my waist, slipping them down into the pockets of my jeans to pull me closer.

"You make a tempting offer. I just might take you up on that." I pulled back and took his hand in mine, pulling him towards the stairs. He followed, giving me a light spank before quickly turning to chase me up into the bathroom.

We were happy. So happy. I never thought I'd get a chance at a family, or a chance to live in a real house. Bucky loved me and I loved him. Nothing else had to be said for you to see we were inseparable everywhere we went. I had one beautiful son with the man who gave me a life, and two more were to come before long, more pieces to an ever growing family tree.

I loved Bucky. I loved every part of him and I. And I prayed he saw our happy haven just the same as me.