Chapter: 12

DAY: 216

Lark

"Clean him, start it over again." my father stood in front of a chair, a man sat in it. That man was Bucky. Bucky had a mouth guard, his hands gripped onto the arms of the chair and he stared blankly ahead of himself.

"Now." my father ordered. The second he said now Bucky's head tilted back and he cried out in pain, his eyes squeezed shut and he fingers curled. I covered my mouth, afraid that I'd scream.

It was painful, the whole thing. I knew what was happening, I knew that Bucky was going to lose his memories of me, of everything that he was fighting against. But by the look on his face, I'd say that he already had.

"Did you say your goodbyes to Lark before all of this?" my father asked him. "I hope you did. She ought to be missing you right about now. Waking up terrified for her life and yours, thinking the worst about what could have happened to you. Well now, you won't have to worry about taking care of her anymore, you'll be able to focus on more important things that my daughter."

"Lark." Bucky said faintly.

I opened my eyes and sat up slowly. I looked around, the tent was empty and I was alone. That's what I wanted to be, alone.

My dream, it was too real. I was sweaty, tears were streaming down my cheeks and I was breathing fairly heavily. I didn't feel like myself at all. I hadn't for the past day. Yesterday, I woke up to find Bucky in my tent with a needle sticking into my arm and Jack yelling for Bucky to leave with him. Now I'm left with a lightheaded feeling and and emptiness in my heart.

Bucky was so close, he said my name, I saw him cry. I wanted him to take me in his arms and hold me, forever. To just be with me like we always wanted to. But Jack stepped in and things took a turn for the worst. I blacked out before I knew what happened, before I could watch Bucky leave.

I sat on the edge of my cot, my stomach lurched and I quickly knelt down on the ground and threw up in a bucket. I felt terrible, like I was just wanted to cry.

"Lark, sweetie." Madgie, one the doctors of the camp knelt down beside me and patted my back. She started taking care of me after what happened the other day with Bucky. She's been helping me out, to deal with the Aether and baby.

I sat back up against the cot and looked at Madgie.

"You feeling alright? You look pale." she said, she held the back of her hand up to my forehead.

"She's a ginger, they're always pale." someone said. I turned my head to see Peter walking into the tent breathing heavily, Clint trailed in behind him. "But no seriously, are you alright? We ran when we saw Madgie dash in here."

"I'm alright." I said. I stood up from the ground slowly, Madgie helped me. "Nothing to worry about."

"Oh, hey, just a heads up for everyone, Stark's coming down in an hour." Clint said.

"Meaning any second." I said.

'Yeah, more or less." Above I heard something fly over, we all walked outside of the tent and saw Stark land in his old Iron Man suit near some of the supply crates not too far away.

"I thought he couldn't fly them?" Peter said.

"Tony developed his suits so that he didn't have to have his Arc Reactor." Clint said.

"And this is one of his older suits, which means that he retired it before he joined S.H.I.E.L.D., no tracers or hidden ears or eyes on that suit. Hydra tapped into the systems and took that over, so we're lucky in the way of getting him in this suit and not him being stupid and wearing another one." I added.