Chapter 20

"Wakey, wakey, bacon and toast-y." Was the chant Luna woke up to, the sound of her boyfriend's voice welcoming her to the waking world. Rubbing at her eyes she sat up, a little groggy from the nap. What time was it, anyway?

"I thought it was supposed to be eggs and bakey?" She commented, opening her eyes to see Sirius sitting on the end of her bed, a plate of warm food in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other. He shrugged at her as he handed them off to her.

"Well, bacon and toast is what I've got. That, and orange juice- So drink up. You've got a full day ahead of you." He said in a motherly-like fashion, nose crinkled up. Luna smiled, sipping from her orange juice the meanwhile.

"You seem to be in a good mood, for someone who was just attacked by Death Eaters."

"It's easier to smile." Was all he said, a statement that Luna agreed with.

"Where are the others? What time is it?"

"About eleven. Remus is asleep, that's him snoring- Peter and James went to talk to Richard, and Lily is with Mary somewhere I think. Mary wanted to see you too, but I told her not to wake you."

"Good thing you did. I would've ripped her head off." Luna said, then bit her lip. Perhaps that was a little too real a thing for a werewolf to say. Sirius didn't seem to care though, simply shrugging as he rested back against the end of her bed.

"Reasonable."

"I thought so." She sighed, biting into her toast. She offered some to Sirius, who took it with a grateful nod. As they ate she asked questions, trying to piece together everything that had happened.

"So the Death Eaters were caught-"

"All except Bellatrix, apparently." Sirius sighed. "No surprise there."

"Well, I'd hate to be her right now." Luna snorted, and when Sirius looked at her questioningly she continued- "The Dark Lord doesn't like it when his followers screw up. No matter how much of a 'favorite' she may be, she'll be in the doghouse for awhile."

"That's relieving to hear." Sirius chimed thoughtfully, and then frowned. "How do you know that?"

Luna paused, hesitancy obvious in the way her brows furrowed. Scooting forward, Sirius leaned over to look at her properly, brows furrowed. "Lunasa?"

"That's how my father died." She blurted, looking a little surprised even at herself that she had said it out loud. "He was a Death Eater..." She grimaced, looking at Sirius warily. He blinked, processing this for a moment before he nodded.

"Okay."

Luna raised an eyebrow, not quite sure how to respond to the acceptance Sirius was extruding. "Okay?"

"Okay, your dad was a Death Eater. It makes sense, I guess. It's rare for a pureblood family to not have one or two." Sirius reasoned. "My brother, my cousin. Your dad, your godmother. It's a part of life now. People are dying, people are missing, people are Death Eaters."

"Yes, well, some people aren't quite as levelheaded about it." Luna mumbled, setting down her toast crust. "In fact, most people flip out- Understandably, of course. My family has more dark magic in it than everyone in Azkaban combined, I'd say. Actually, a lot of my family probably makes up Azkaban."

Sirius shrugged. "Your family doesn't speak for you anymore than my family speaks for me."

"You seemed to not think that when we first met." Luna reminded him, eyebrow raised. Sirius grinned faintly, having the decency to look shameful.

"I was just being rude- It was a defense mechanism."

"Defense against what, exactly?"

"Your irresistible charm?" Sirius suggested wryly, laughing when Luna chucked her pillow at him. When she raised another one to throw at him he waved her off with his good hand, still chuckling the meanwhile.