Epilogue/Author's Note

A week into her new life, Luna woke up with a smile on her face.

The sun was already beginning to spill in from between the blinds of the window, the blinds that hid the room from the rest of the world. Her room. Her smile widened a little at the thought, and she rolled over onto her side, snuggling further into her sheets and pillows. It had already been a week, and Luna had yet to get used to the softness of her bed. The sheets had been a gift, bought for her by Anna Potter on her third day.

James had been right- Anna Potter had been excited to have a girl in the house, and the sheets on Luna's bed and even some of the clothes in her closet spoke loudly of the fact. At first, Luna had feared she was encroaching on the family, that she was being too much- but then she had turned around in a store one day to see Anna holding up two sweaters in front of Luna's face and asking which color she liked better.

Luna had gone with the yellow, and Anna had smiled brilliantly.

Of course, Anna wasn't the only great thing of living at Potter Mansion- or, rather, the Den.

Richard, when he was home, was kind and still well-humored, despite the long hours he had at work. He always greeted Luna with a warm smile that didn't differ from the one he gave his own son.

James was interesting to watch in his home turf. To watch him banter playfully with his mother, always careful to not be too snarky, or watch him out on the quidditch pitch in the back was always entertaining. Though James had been taking hours away from the Den to go visit Lily, Sirius and Luna occasionally tagged along when James wasn't too hard-pressed for alone time with his favorite redhead.

And Sirius and Luna?

They had been just fine. More so, really, but Luna didn't want to gush. But she was happy, she decided as she stretched out on the sheets, her arms over her head. Her bones ached a little, but in a good way- they ached from one too many arm-wresting matches with Sirius and James, both who were shocked at the amount of muscle Luna carried on her small frame. She had won almost every match. Richard had come in last minute, and while it had been close, the Auror had gotten the upper hand eventually.

Luna didn't mind.

Sirius had been only mockingly-hurt for a little awhile, feigning offense to his masculinity before leaning behind her after dinner as she was helping with dishes. She had been facing the sink, hand washing a plate when his hands had ended  up on either side of her, blocking in her in as his mouth dropped to her ear and he let her know just how incredibly attractive he thought that strength of hers was.

Then he had pressed her lips to her neck, and Luna had nearly dropped the plate.

She giggled a little to herself at the memory, slowly pulling herself out of bed and walking over to her closet. Changing from her pajamas- a matching owl-patterned set, courtesy of Anna- into jeans and a tee, Luna threw her hair up into a bun with the help of her wand as she padded from the room, easily following the smell of ham and eggs to the dining room.

Breakfast was a small affair, filled with good food, mild conversation and, to Luna's pleasure, hot tea to help her ease into the waking world. With her mug in her hands she rested her head on Sirius's shoulder, content to just listen to the conversation and the way his laughter would rumble in his chest.

"Luna, by the way, we received a reply from the Rosa Lee Teabag shop about your job inquiry." Anna said from across the table, the older woman's smile bright. "They want you to come in for an interview today."

"Seriously?" Luna lifted her head from Sirius's shoulder to stare at Anna, blue eyes wide. Anna nodded, and Sirius grinned at her, hand moving down to squeeze her own gently.

"Told you I had a good feeling about it." He told her warmly, and Luna grinned.

"I don't have the job just yet."

"But you will." James said confidently, smiling at her as he shoveled a forkful of eggs into his mouth. Anna reprimanded him for eating with his mouthful, then inquired when Lily would be down for a visit. James spit his eggs out, which earned him another reprimand and Luna a sore side from giggling so much at the rather pretty shade of red James's neck and ears had turned.

This, she knew, was contentment.

This, she thought with a happy sigh, was her life.

*

* *

* * *

* * * *

Of course there would be an epilogue! I love epilogues. Wonderful things, epilogues.

Luv ya,

-Lily