Chapter 4

Recommended Song For Book:

"Love
Bittersweet,
Irresistible
Loosens my limbs
And I tremble."
- SAPPHO

Chapter 4

Allison's POV

"One tall, hot chocolate for Cassie!"

I groaned in annoyance and checked the time on my watch for the fifth time. My watch read 7:35 A.M. and part of me began to freak out. I needed to be at work with James' coffee in twenty five minutes and my order wasn't even close.

I was currently at La Luna's cafe, sitting at the bar, waiting for my order to be called. I would have asked Camilla but unfortunately she didn't get into work until twelve.

"One grande black coffee and one grande pumpkin spiced latter with whipped cream for Allison!" I smiled and walked to the counter to pick up my order.

"Thank you." I said to the cute barista. I took my drinks from his waiting hands and gave him one last smile before quickly walking out the door in a hurry.

I stood outside and searched around for a taxi until I spotted one coming this way. "Hey! Wait! Wait please!" I shouted and ran to the yellow taxi, struggling to keep hold of my purse and my two drinks. But the taxi driver didn't stop and continued his way down the street.

"Damn it!" I cursed under my breath, trembling and breathless. The taxi had left and I didn't see anymore taxies in sight. Now, I had to walk to the office and be late on the first day of my new job. I huffed and checked the time on my watch to see it was 7:45 A.M.

I needed to be at work in fifteen minutes and I was ten minutes away. Hope over took my body and I began to walk briskly in the direction of the office building. I had stayed up last night, celebrating with Camilla, and woke up late this morning. The alarm on my phone didn't go off but luckily Camilla had woken me up before 7:00 A.M.

Ten minutes later of struggling and walking, I finally arrived in front of De Luca Worldwide. I checked my watch one more time before quickly running up the steps and into the open doors, opened by the kind doors men. It was 7:55 A.M and I still needed to take the elevator.

I got to the area of the elevators and saw that the lines were incredibly long! Oh My God! There is no way I'm gonna get there on time, now!

"Hey, you're Allison Green right?" I turned around to see the guy from the elevator that I had met yesterday. I nodded my head, a little annoyed about my situation, but I still needed to be  nice. "You're Adrian, right?"

"Yeah. I couldn't help but notice that you seem a little frustrated about standing in line. Would you like to take the private elevator? You are my brother's personal assistant after all." He politely smiled.

"I would love to," I answered beaming with delight. He smiled and began to walk to the far end of the lobby. I followed close behind him until we stopped in front of an elevator with a sign reading: ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE DE LUCA FAMILY.

I looked up at him confused. "Wait, earlier you said 'my brother' and this is for the use of the De Luca family. I'm sorry I'm asking, but what's you're last name?"

He chuckled and the elevator doors opened. "My full name is Adrian De Luca. I'm James' younger brother. I hope that's not a problem."