Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Monday Afternoon

James De Luca's POV

"Here are the files for Mr. Anderson, who wanted to speak about his contract with you tomorrow morning." Allison leaned over my desk and handed me a set of folders along with my appointment schedule.

I looked through the agenda for today when I came across a very interesting name from which I gave a look of disgust. Allison chuckled and stood beside my desk, "Yes, you do have a conference with Enzo and his wife in twenty minutes."

"About what?" I asked her questioningly.

"His assistant said that Enzo wanted to personally speak to you about the new hotel and vineyard. But he also mentioned that Enzo's wife had a question for Adrian."

I nodded my head in understanding but still was a little shocked. Enzo usually made business through our assistants or emails, but never face to face. I wonder what was going on with my dear cousin.

"I guess Enzo must have had a change of heart or Paloma must have convinced him. She can make Enzo do almost anything for her," I revealed to her. "But anyways, thank you for giving me the files and remember that we are going to lunch tomorrow afternoon."

I watched as Allison gave me a smile of recognition before turning around in the direction of the door. Her hips swayed side to side and a deep warm feeling sturred inside my body, reminding of the talk I had with Samuel this morning....

~ Flashback ~
At La Luna's Cafe

"Adrian told me that you spent the night at your personal assistant's house. Care to elaborate on that?" Samuel asked with an eyebrow raised in amusement.

I chuckled. My brother had always been a talker especially with Samuel, but I also knew that Adrian would be getting back at me since I tried setting him up on a date a couple weeks ago.

"Yes I did. We were doing work and when we finished we decided to watch a movie. We both fell asleep and end of story." I quickly finished explaining and took a sip of my coffee.

"Oh come on, we are best friends. I knew you fancy her more than just one of your employees. I heard about you yelling at her because of some files when in reality it was because you were jealous of her and Ryan Phillips."

"I do not. You know I don't mix business with pleasure especially for someone beneath me." I smirked and noticed Samuel's smile slowly disappeared.

"James, everything is not always about business or power. Love is love and it doesn't have a price." Samuel stated and turned around to stare lovingly at his crush, Victoria, who looked back at him with the same passion in her eyes.

~ End Of Flashback ~

I stood up and shook my head at Samuel's ridiculous thoughts. I had fallen in love once and had gotten my heart broken. Love just made you weak and only led to internal pain.

I took a glass from my small office bar area in the back of my office and poured my self a scotch on the rocks. I knew today was going to be a long day by the way my phone kept buzzing and the fact that I couldn't concentrate.

As I took my glass to my lips, the door bursted open and there stood my current girlfriend, Jennifer Andrews, wearing a pair of Chanel sunglasses along with a very luxurious purse held in her left hand.

"Darling! It's so nice to see you!" She squealed as she walked towards me. I noticed Sally and Allison watching in the door way before I was pulled into a forceful kiss.