Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Semi-edited)

At the Park....

Camilla's POV

"Are you serious right now, Daniel? Is this some kind of joke to you and Owen?" My blood boiled as I screamed at my childhood enemy. I should have known that Daniel would have played a joke like this and I couldn't believe that I had fallen for it.

Daniel stayed silent with his eyes showing sadness and his facial expression didn't change. I didn't understand why Owen or Daniel would do such a cruel thing. Was I that bad of a person to date?

My heart slowly broke and I angrily whispered to him, "Allison was right!" I turned away and began to walk in the direction from where I had come from when a hand wrapped itself around my wrist.

I was pulled back roughly causing my body to forcefully hit against Daniel's broad chest while his arms enveloped my waist, catching me and holding me in place. I looked up at Daniel and glared murderously.  

He only grinned and snuggled me a little closer to his chest. I attempted to push against his herculean chest but I had no luck. Why did he have to be so damn strong?

"Let me go, Daniel! What are--?" A pair of soft lips touched mine, cutting me off completely. I struggled for a moment after realizing that my best friend's brother was kissing me but Daniel's grip tightened until I finally kissed back. The kiss was hard yet soft. It was fiery yet passionate. Even though we had never kissed before, it felt as if we had for a long time.

I felt weak at the knees but luckily he held me as close as possible. I pulled back for air and Daniel connected our foreheads with a smile. We were breathing heavily and  our lips were slightly swollen. I couldn't help but smile and Daniel chuckled.

I took the chance to admire his slightly curly, dark brown hair almost black, his full, luscious lips and cute lightly pale face. She would be lying if she said that Daniel wasn't handsome. He was not at all my type of guy, but the way he looked at me  made my heart skip a beat. The warmth I felt coming off his body where it was pressed against mine was a good antithesis to the slight breeze swirling around us, but all I could find myself focusing on was his emerald green eyes and the amazing kiss we had previously had.

Daniel cleared his throat causing me to look down in embarrassment. He lifted my chin up and asked,"I know you felt something beautiful  because I did. So now will you please let me take you out on a date?"

I mustered up the courage and lightly pecked his tumescent lips, pulling back to see a slight blush developing on his slightly pale cheeks. I chuckled and intertwined my hand with his, nodding my head. I allowed him to lead the way out of the park and I sadly couldn't say that I would regret it......

|~~~~~~~~~~| ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN |~~~~~~~~~~|

Allison's POV

"Our company gives great service and our new project will be a great success...." James spoke slowly in order for me to copy every single word.

I was currently typing James' important document for the new client whose name I found out was Enzo Romano. Also known as James' older cousin and Leo's older brother. Apparently Enzo and James kept their relationship purely business due to their dislike for one another. James as a kid used to always be compared to Enzo. His parents would always tell him that he needed to be more like Enzo because Enzo was a successful entrepreneur, happily married to a younger woman named Paloma and had a one year old son, Marco.

"...... I hope you invest in this project. Sincerely your cousin, James De Luca. Did you get every last word?" He asked, leaning back on to my large brown couch with sigh.