Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Two Days Later.....

Allison's POV

"Does this outfit make me look fat?"

I groaned and looked up from my laptop to see Camilla modeling yet another outfit in her full length mirror, "For the fifth time, no that does not make you look fat. Can I leave now?"

Camilla huffed and walked furiously back into her walk in closet. "First you show up late to help me get ready for my date tonight after you promised me you would. Then when you do show up you are grumpy and whiny!"

I sighed, immediately feeling guilty about how I had treated my best friend. Camilla had been so excited about this blind date and I just came in here with a bad attitude.

"I'm sorry, Cam!" I apologized, "I've just been under a lot of stress and confusion at work. It wasn't right to take out my feelings on you."

"You mean with James?" Camilla asked innocently, popping her head out behind the white closet door.

"What?"

"James is the one causing you all of that stress and confusion," She explained as if it was obvious.

"No he's not. I've just had a lot of work given to me by him. So in a way, yes it is him," I horribly lied, grabbing another file from my purse so I didn't have to meet Camilla's intimidating stare.

Camilla laughed," Oh please! Don't pretend I didn't see you with him at Luna's. He is the one causing you emotional stress and confusion." She went back into her closet with a smug smile, leaving me to my own thoughts.

James had been the one causing me all this emotional stress and confusion. One day he was the nicest man in the world and the next he was an angry jerk. For example, yesterday we went to lunch at this fancy italian restaurant and our cute waiter was flirting with me.

James was very rude and when we got the check, I saw that the waiter had wrote down his number along with call me. Next thing I know, I'm being taken out of the restaurant and being yelled at by James. I didn't understand what his motive was! To make me go crazy or to just make me want to quit!

"Okay, I think I may have found the perfect outfit!" I heard Camilla yell from her closet, interrupting my internal rant about James.

"Let's see!" Camilla came out of her closet with her heeled boots clicking against our dark hardwood floors. I smiled when I saw her choice of outfit because it looked like something I would wear.

Her outfit consisted of a pair of dark jeans and black bootie heels with a white top that had a deep slouch in the neck area, showing just the right amount of cleavage. Over the white top, Camilla chose to wear a gorgeous sand colored jacket that I had bought her for her birthday and to customize her clothing, she wore a gold watch along with some stud earrings.

"It's perfect! You look so beautiful! I wonder who gave you that jacket? I'm guessing it was someone with excellent taste." I joked, emphasizing this by brushing my strawberry blonde hair over my shoulder.

"Thank you! Now I need you to help me with my hair. I want you to curl it into natural waves." Camilla looked at her watch and she sighed. "I have less than an hour so do your magic!"

I nodded and stood up from her queen sized bed, following her over to her white vanity. I began curling Camilla's long dark brown hair as soon as she sat down in front of me.

A normal and comfortable silence occurred between us and I knew why. Camilla only became quiet when she was nervous or stressed while I was distracted by 'work.' I shook my head at my thoughts. This was Camilla's night and I needed to worry about her not me.