Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Allison's POV

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Phillips." I replied while shaking his hand and giving him a smile.

"Please call me, Ryan and the pleasure is all mine." My cheeks darkened with a reddish hue at his gentleman like words and charming good-looks.

"Ryan is apart of our marketing team here." I heard Sally point out, appearing behind me with a smile.

I looked up at Ryan who nodded his head. "Yes I am. I am working for Samuel Costa and I was just heading to the copy room to copy some papers. Where were you ladies going?"

"Actually, we were headed there too. Allison needed to copy some files and I was giving Allison a tour but I have to go meet with..um..." Sally paused, stepping slowly away from us." Mr. Costa, himself!"

"Well since Sally needs to go meet with Mr. Costa, why don't I show you to the copy room instead?" Ryan asked me politely. 

I tucked a loose strand of my strawberry blonde hair behind my ear before answering. "Yes, I would love that." I felt my cheeks grow warm and I mentally cursed myself. 'Why was I blushing so much, today?!'

"Then let's begin." I followed after Ryan not missing the pleased look on Sally's face. 'Did she try to set us up?' I playfully glared at Sally before turning back around.

"So have you been enjoying De Luca Worldwide so far?" Ryan asked as he held open the glass door for me of a small glass room.

"Well I only started today but so far it's been nice." I replied.

"Oh no wonder why I hadn't seen you around before because I definitely would have remembered a beautiful face like yours."

I chuckled nervously. "Why don't we start to copy our papers and play twenty questions while doing it?"

Ryan smiled. "I think that's a wonderful idea. How about you start with the first question?"

I nodded and thought for a moment while placing my hand on my chin. "What's your favorite color?" I asked, taking out the first sheet of paper from the black folder.

"Green. And yours?"

"Blue. Your turn."

"Favorite movie of all time? Why so?" He asked.

"The Notebook." I answered with a smile. "I didn't really like romance movies until my best friend convinced me one night and I fell in love with it."

Ryan nodded and handed me my stack of papers from the end of the copy machine. "Who's your best friend?"

"Camilla Martinez." I placed another two sheets on the copier and pressed the green button. "That name sounds very familiar. Does she happen to work at Luna's cafe by any chance?" Ryan asked with his hand on his perfectly chiseled chin.

"Yes she does!" I exclaimed, laughing along with Ryan. "Small world."

"Very." He added as our eyes met. I grinned and looked down at my heels, attempting to hide my blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We talked for another five minutes about our lives and our families. I had learned that Ryan lived a few minutes away from my apartment and loved the outdoors. Ryan told me about how his parents divorced two years ago and that he had two siblings.

His younger sister, Bethany, is a sixteen year old junior in high school. While his older brother, John, is a twenty-nine year old lawyer, married to a woman named Savannah.