Chaptet 7

Chapter 7
(Unedited, so sorry for any errors).

Allison's POV

"Thank you, Mr. Davidson. Good bye," I hung up the phone and checked off his name. Right now, James had me speaking to almost everyone of his business friends about this special dinner party. I didn't even know who was hosting it or what it was about. All James gave me was a list of names and the questions to ask.

"So....how are things with you and Ryan? I saw that he brought you lunch yesterday." Sally mentioned casually as she walked up to my desk and handed me my copies.

I took the copies and looked for the Davidson sheet. "Sally nothing has happened between Ryan and I besides lunch." I answered.

"But you want something to happen. Don't you?" She asked me, teasingly. I looked up from my computer and gave her the 'stop of I'll bite you look.'

Sally held her hands up in surrender,"Okay okay. Damn, enough with the look. I won't mention Mr. Ryan Phillips ever again."

"Thank you," I said, relieved.

"For now at least." Sally added with a smirk,"Anyways, do you want to go out for lunch? I know this cute little italian place."

"Ye--" before I could finish saying yes, I was interrupted by a familiarly strong husky voice.

"Miss Green are you ready to go?" James casually asked me when he reached my desk. I turned away from Sally to look at James in confusion. What was he talking about? Where were we going?

James chuckled while I stared at him  baffled by his great mood. I glanced at Sally and saw she had the same expression on her face, confusion. Why was James in a good mood?

"Are you ready to go to lunch with me?" He paused, waiting for me to answer but continued once he realized I wasn't following," remember yesterday when I told Lucas you were accompanying me to lunch for the rest of the week and I meant it," James finished explaining to me.

"Oh yeah! I'm sorry I remember, it's just that I didn't think you meant it. I was just planning to go to lunch with Sally at this italian place," I said to him.

I couldn't say I didn't want to go to lunch with James because I did. It's just the fact that when I'm around him I feel nervous and self conscious. My heart races and my palms become sweaty. I make more mistakes and I can't think. I also check myself in the mirror more often and ask Camilla to help me get ready. It's almost like I'm not myself.

"No, I insist, Miss Green. I told Lucas that I will take you out and I will not be known as a liar. Let's go," James states, a little more irritated by my denial.

"It's fine really. I'll be okay and plus, I don't want to cause you any trouble. I tried to brush him off gently. But from the expression on his face, I saw that I was only making him agitated.  

James brought his fingers up to his head and slowly massaged his temples. He took a deep breath," Miss Green, grab your purse! As my personal assistant it is your job to come with me wherever I go. Now I want you to accompany me to lunch, right now. Let's go!" James demanded angrily.

"Okay, okay," I mumbled, reaching under my desk for my purse. I quickly stood up and tucked in my chair before walking over to an anxious James.

"Finally. I have reservations for us at my friends restaurant, called "La Luna's. If we don't leave now, then we will miss them. Come on." James placed his hand on the small of my back led me away to the elevators

I looked back at Sally, who was laughing quietly, and mouthed 'Good bye and sorry.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~