Memories & Vanitas

Riku's Pov

Flashback

Me "Hey, Sora."

Sora: "Hm?"

Me: "When we grow up, let's get off this island. We'll go on real adventures, not this kid stuff!"

Sora: "Sure. But isn't there anything fun to do now? Hey, you know the new girls? The one staying at the mayor's house and the one who's staying with you? Did you hear? They arrived on the night of the meteor shower!" I stopped walking, but Sora hadn't noticed. I turned back around to see the image of a Keyhole faintly glowing on the door.

End of Flashback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was crouched over, panting for air. I felt pain in my chest.

Maleficent: "It was reckless to bring her here without at least using a vessel. Remember, relying too heavily on the darkness could cost you your heart." I heard a loud roar coming from outside. "A castaway. Though his world perished, his heart did not. When we took the princess from his castle, he apparently followed her here through sheer force of will. But fear not. No harm will come to you. He is no match for your power."

Me: "My power?"

Maleficent: "Yes, the untapped power that lies within you. Now, child, it's time you awakened that power and realized your full potential." Green aura surrounded me and I felt even stronger. I let Sora steal Hikari from me, but not again. I'd get her back and when I do, I'll keep her where I could always find her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Pov

Sora and the others went to Cid to show him the gummi block. I waited outside. I wanted to get back to Merlin's. We had found all the missing pages of Pooh's book and I was eager to put it back together. They came out and I noticed Sora looking sad.

Donald: "Sora!"

Goofy: "Now, just remember what Donald said to ya: no frowning, no sad faces."

Sora: "How can you be so cheerful? There's still no sign of your king."

Me: "Aren't you both worried about him?"

Donald: "Aw, phooey."

Goofy: "The king told us to go out and find the key bearer, and we found you and Hikari. So as long as we stick together, it'll all work out okay. Ya just gotta believe in yourself, that's all."

Sora: "Just believe." He closed his eyes and I heard Kairi's voice.

Kairi: "I believe in you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora's Pov

I saw a bright light and I followed it. I came to a library. I saw 2 little girls running to an old woman.

Me: "Where am I?"

Woman: "Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return. So, listen, children. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your hearts will shine with their power and push the darkness away. Hikari, Kairi, do you both understand?"

Me: "Kairi!? Hikari!?" I finally realized it was them. They looked around as if they could hear me. I reached out for them, but they disappeared.

Hikari: "Sora?" I felt some kind of force push me back and I opened my eyes. "Are you okay?"

Me: "Huh?"

Goofy: "What's the matter?"

Me: "Um, nothing."

Hikari: "Sora, let's go to Merlin's house and restore Pooh's world."

Me: "Yeah." Donald, Goofy and Hikari started walking, but I stood still for a minute. "Kairi, did you call me?" I hurried after the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one's Pov

Sora and Hikari restored the book to its rightful state. They in turn met Pooh's friends; Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Kanga, Roo, Owl and Eeyore. As they left for the final time, they promised one day they would return. The blank cover of the book soon became a picture of Sora and Hikari. The 2 Keyblade wielders were each holding one of the bears' paws, while Piglet sat on Hikari's shoulder and Tigger bounces along side them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Pov

We traveled onward to another new world. All the while, I thought back to someone else from my past. It wasn't my father, Ven, Terra or Aqua. It was someone else. I thought hard. I saw an image of a boy in my head. He was like an older version of Sora. Except, he was muscular, pale had jet black hair and golden yellow eyes. That's when a name popped into my head. Vanitas. That's when a memory flashed through my mind. I was waiting for Vanitas to come back. I saw him in the distance and waved.

Me: "Vanitas!" He saw me and slightly waved. Something was wrong. I went up to him and he looked sad. "What's wrong?" He took off his helmet, revealing his jet black hair and golden eyes.

Vanitas: "Hikari, Xehanort knows your the Princess of Kingdom Hearts. He'll try to hurt you if he finds you." He raised his hand and summoned a portal. "Go through the portal."

Me: "But, won't you get in trouble if he finds out you let me escape?" He placed his hands on my shoulders.

Vanitas: "Anything he does will have been worth it if it met you were safe. You helped my pain fade and for the first time since I was created, I feel happiness and have a friend." He pushed me toward the portal. "Don't worry. The portal will lead you to someone. Someone who will protect you and keep you safe. You'll have to do the same for that person." I nodded and stepped through the portal. Vanitas had sent me to the person who'd protect me. Could he have meant Riku? If so, then I have to save him from the darkness Maleficent's plunged him into.