Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness

Riku's Pov

I just laid there. On my hands and knees.

Me: "How could I have been so stupid? I loved Hikari more than anything and yet... I hurt her in the worst way possible."

Voice: "Know this. You can bring back the one you lost." I turned around to see a cloaked figure.

Me: "What are you saying? There's a way to get Hikari back?"

Figure: "Yes."

Me: "Please! Tell me how!"

Figure: "You need to become stronger. You showed no fear in stepping through the door to darkness. It held no terror for you. Plunge deeper into the darkness, and your heart will grow even stronger. Then, you will be able to revive your princess."

Me: "Relying on the darkness is how I lost her in the first place. Why should I rely on it again?"

Figure: "Her heart is in darkness now. You must use darkness to find it."

Me: "What should I do?"

Figure: "It's really quite simple. Open yourself to the darkness. That is all. Let your heart, your being, become darkness itself." Green aura covered my body. This feeling, it wasn't like the light Hikari's heart had given me. It was cold and heavy. The figure came closer and closer and then... my vision faded to black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maleficent's Pov

I looked at the Keyhole. Something was wrong. I heard footsteps and saw Riku had returned.

Riku: "So, I see the path has emerged at last." His voice was different. It was almost as if there was another person speaking.

Me: "Yes. The Keyhole to the darkness."

Riku: "Unlock it and the Heartless will overrun this world." I scoffed at this.

Me: "What do I care? The darkness holds no power over me. Rather, I will use its power to control all worlds."

Riku: "Such confidence." He raised his hand and summoned a Keyblade.

Me: "Oh!" It was the Keyblade made from the princesses' hearts. That's when I realized it. "Impossible! The princesses of Heart are all here! It must be her." I looked at the last princess. Kairi.

Riku: "Without her heart, she will never be able to release her power."

Me: "The king's fools are here. I'll deal with them myself. You stay here and guard the princesses." I went to where they would be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora's Pov

We came to a small area and that's when I saw her. Maleficent.

Maleficent: "I'm afraid you're too late. Any moment now, the final Keyhole will be unsealed. This world will be plunged into darkness. It is unstoppable."

Me: "We'll stop it! After coming this far, there's no way we're gonna let that happen!"

Maleficent: "You poor, simple fools. You think you can defeat me? Me, the mistress of all evil?" Maleficent was powerful. On top of levitating out of reach, summoning comets, calling thunderbolts and summoning Heartless, I had doubt that we could beat her. That's when I heard something that made my heart race.

Hikari: "You can beat her Sora!" I turned around, thinking Hikari was there, but she wasn't. That's when my Keyblade began to glow. Hikari was sending me strength from where ever she was now. I jumped above Maleficent and slashed her with my Keyblade. She was burned by the light and her cloak spread out over the ground. Riku appeared from a bubble of darkness.

Me: "Riku!"

Riku: "How ironic. The Heartless were using Maleficent from the beginning. She failed to notice the darkness in her heart eating away at her. A fitting end for such a fool." Something was wrong. Riku's voice... That when I saw a Keyblade in his hand.

Donald: "Is that-"

Riku: "Yes. A Keyblade. But unlike yours, this Keyblade holds the power to unlock people's hearts. You will see a demonstration soon enough." He disappeared. We ran through the bubble after Riku. We came to a room where the Keyhole was. We ran up some stairs. A barrier stopped Goofy just as we reached the top. There, I saw Kairi laying on the floor.

Me: "Kairi!" I ran to her and held her in my arms, "Kairi! Kairi! Open your eyes!"

Riku: "It's no use. T looked up to see Riku sitting just above the Keyhole. "That girl has lost her heart. She cannot wake up."

Me: "What? You... You're not Riku."

Riku: "The Keyhole cannot be completed, so long as the last princess of heart still sleeps."

Me: "The princess...? Kairi's a princess?"

Riku: "Yes, and without her power, the Keyhole will remain incomplete. It is time she awakened."

Me: "Whoever you are, let Riku go! Give him back his heart!"

Riku: "But first, you must give the princess back her heart." I felt sharp stab of pain in my chest. It was as if I had been struck in the heart with an arrow. I fell to the ground in pain.

Donald: "Sora!"

Me: "What's-"

Riku: "Don't you see yet? The princess's heart is responding. It has been there all along. Kairi's heart rests within you!"

Me: "Kairi... Kairi's inside me?" I wondered how this could have happened. Then I remember just as the islands were destroyed when Kairi went through me.

Riku: "I know all that there is to know."

Me: "Tell me. Who are you?"

Riku: "It is I, Ansem, the seeker of darkness." Ansem started coming toward me. Donald tried to stop him, but Ansem knocked him through a barrier and prevented him from helping me. "So, I shall release you now, Princess. Complete the Keyhole with your power. Open the door, lead me into everlasting darkness!" He raised his Keyblade and brought it down. That's when I heard-

Hikari, Riku and Kairi: "Sora!" I looked up and blocked the blade just in time.

Me: "Forget it! There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart! I'll beat you and free Riku and save Kairi. Then, the 3 of us will go and find Hikari."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is the epic battle and... well, you know. Also, when 'Ansem' makes his first actual appearance, I'm going to alter it a little.