Chapter Five: a night out

At the guild:

The guild was as noisy as ever. Natsu was standing in front of the request board looking for a job that team Natsu could do.

"Hey Natsu, where is Lucy? She hasn't been at the guild much these past few days." Erza asks him.

"I don't know. Hanging out at her apartment I guess," he said unconcerned while concentrating.

"You haven't been to her place?"

"I tried but, her window and door is locked all the time now for whatever reason."

"Locked? Really? Do you think she okay?"

Natsu turns to look at her, "maybe we should go see."

Team Natsu walks to her apartment. They stand in front of the door but, don't hear anything. The fire Mage knocks on the door, "hey Luce! We might have found another job to do and are you feeling okay? We haven't seen you much." He could sense her in there but, there was someone else in there too. He knocks again.

"Natsu! I'm coming!" Lucy yells. She opens the door. Her cheeks pink.

"Who's in there with you?" He asks.

"No one is in here silly,"

"I can smell them.... It smells familiar, I just can't put my finger on it." Then he just barges in.

"Hey!"

"I can sense someone too." Erza says.

Grey agrees.

Lucy's heart was beating fast. She knew something like this was going to happen but, she wasn't really prepared.

Then the whole room turned into a blue grayish color. Her friends froze where they were and Zeref steps out from his hiding spot.

"What.... Is this?" Lucy asks as she looks around.

"Immobilization magic." He answers.

"How much magic can you do?"

"Black arts, living magic, and what you see here."

"Wow..."

"I taught it all myself but, anyways we should probably get going."

She grabs his hand and drags him out the door. They were running to through the streets. Everyone looking at them as they passed by. They reached the woods. Both were out of breath when they stopped.

"Well, then..." Zeref laughs.

She giggles and reaches for him. He pulls her in his arms. His cheeks have a hint of pink. This feeling he was experiencing was so foreign to him. Being this close to someone else was extraordinary.  Their lips meet. The sunset shining right on them with its warmth.

Lucy saw something different in his black eyes. She saw hope. She saw something good. His eyes lighted up in a new way and she caused it. In such a short amount of time, she was falling in love with this unique remarkable unbelievable boy. The one who caused so much darkness in the past shines with so much light at this moment.

Her hand was in his black hair. His hand on her hip, holding her close.

"I don't want this moment to end," he almost whispers.

"Then let's stay out here a little more then," she tells him.

They walk hand in hand deeper into the forest and sit under a tree on a cliff overlooking the city. Lucy puts her head on his shoulder and his grip becomes tighter on her hand. Zeref was already falling in love with her. The grass died around where he was sitting. Normally that would almost make him break down in tears but, when he saw her next to him, it wouldn't upset him one bit. He could tell she noticed but, she stayed right there, smiling at him.
He wished that this could last forever but, he was immortal and she wasn't.
She knew this but, still wanted to be there and it baffled the black wizard, wondering why she would do this, why she would feel this way about him.

"Hey Zeref, what is your last name anyways?" She asked.

He frowns. He couldn't tell her it, "I'll tell you soon enough just not right now."

"So many secrets..."

"I'll tell you them eventually." He kisses the top of her head. He wondered why he didn't get the death predation attack when he was around her, "what is your last name?"

She frowns, "I'm always worried to tell people that. It's heartfillia..."

He tenses, "heartfillia? I know that name."

She looks at him, "yeah, my dad was big on buisness and was the richest man in Fiore."

"That's not why I remember. What is your moms name?"

"Layla... Why? Do you know her?"

"Layla... I do know her..."

"Don't tell me you had a thing with her..."

He panicked, "no! It wasn't like that!" He defends himself, "she was part of my Spriggan 12."

"Huh? What's that?"

"I don't know how much you know about her... She worked for me though as one of my strongest Wizards."

"What?! She followed you? She was..."

"She wasn't evil. See, I'm the emperor of Alvarez. Most there are all Wizards. There's really no difference between good and evil there. Everyone just kind of does their own thing. She helped people. She barely was even at the Alvarez. She was part of the Spriggan 12 till her death a few years back... I'm sorry... You seem really surprised. I don't want to ruin your thoughts about your own mother."

"You didn't. I am surprised though. It seems I'll never know everything about my family. So you knew her pretty well then?"

"Eh... Never saw her much. I knew she had a daughter though. Layla pretty much always did her own thing but, if it ever came time for battle or an important meeting she would always be there. It was nice have a celestial wizard helping out."

Lucy couldn't stop smiling, "it's so weird how old you are. You look exactly like my age but, you're soooo old." She laughs to herself.

Zeref rolls his eyes, "thanks for reminding of my age. You know, I'm very sensitive about that."

She nudges him, "you seem to be about everything."

"Well, I never..." He says hilariously.

They laugh together for awhile.

"The guild is probably freakin about what happened today," she says, bringing them back reality.

"We should probably go back?"

"Probably."

They get up and head over to the guild. He walks her to the front doors of the guild hall.

"I'll see you later tonight," he starts to walk away.

The celestial wizard grabs his arm, "can I get a kiss?"

He looks at her with sadness, "I would but, I shouldn't be standing out of the guild right now. It's too risky. I'll give you one when you get home."

"Fine," she pouts as she walks to the guild's doors.