Chapter Eight: the ball

Lucy looked at her dress proudly. It was beautiful, (Above picture). She sent Zeref out with some money so he can have some different clothes for the night. Lucy laughed at when she handed them the money. He was so lost and confused. She followed him around a bit to see how he acts while shopping. He was clueless. She just hoped someone would be able to help him out, she also wished nothing bad would happen. Maybe she shouldn't have left him alone....

She gets into the shower. It felt nice and it ended up taking forty five minutes. She hears the front door open knowing it was him.

"Zeref!" She yells excited.

He walks into the bathroom and the blonde Mage was just in a towel.

"What... What are you doing?! I didn't say to come in here!"

Zeref blushes, "I'm sorry," he says and he hurriedly walks back out.

------

Lucy forces Zeref into a different room as she slips on her dress but, she was having trouble with the zipper.

"Zeref.... I need your help.... I can't get the zipper but, when you get in here close your eyes..." She blushes.

"How am I supposed to see?"

"Figure it out!" She laughs.

He comes in and waves his hands around trying to find her when he does he feel around for the zipper accidentally touching her butt. Lucy doesn't say anything as her face turns into a darker shade of red. The dark Mage finds it and zips it up.

"Okay, now get out of here," she tells him.

He finds his way to where he was at.

She puts on the finishing touches. The silk gloves she wore were black and came up to her elbows. Cancer made her hair into a nice bun that was messy at the right places. Lucy finishes her makeup and slips her shoes on. She was done finally as poor Zeref waited in the other room.

"You can come in now," she tells him.

The door opens and she sees him. He looked like a dark prince. He wore black pants with his black boots he always wore. It black jacket with gold trim, the collar reaching around his face perfectly. The shirt was buttoned except for the three on top leaving some of his chest showing and his necklace he never took off.

"Zeref...." She looked at him in awe.

"Lucy... That dress... It's... You... Look beautiful..." His eyes were wide, his mouth gaping open. Then he holds up his arm, "shall we go?"

"We shall," she bows jokingly and grabs him. They put on on their masks. Both were black with a red shiny tint.

------

They reach the entrance then. Mira was at the door.

"Lucy! Oh my god! You look so good! That dress! Though it is darker than what you mostly wear..." Mira tells her.

"Just felt like doing something different," Lucy responds.

"So, this is him! Your right he is good looking, I'm Mira!" She holds out her hand.

"Pleased to meet you," he says. Hoping she didn't care that he didn't say his name.

"Anyways go on in! And I need to talk to you some more!" She points at Zeref.

"Okay... Great.." He says alittle frightened.

When they get inside, Lucy couldn't believe the guild could look like this. There was a huge chandelier hanging over. She saw Cana dancing with a barrel of alcohol, Juvia following Grey, elfman talking about being a man, and Erza eating strawberry cake with Jellal. Then she saw Natsu. He was alone it seemed with no date but, he still had a smile plastered all over his face.