Chapter Ten: trouble

Zeref finally reaches the Alvarez Empire he rules. It's been so long. People are cheering for him in the streets as he walks to the capital to meet up with the Spriggan 12.

"Emperor Spriggan!" He hears Invel yell for him.

Zeref found it impossible to smile, "hey, long time no see,"

"Right. I'll escort you the rest of the way," he says.

The dark Mage just nods.

When they reach it, Zeref just goes up to his room and locks the door. He lands on the bed face first. He didn't want to go back out. He couldn't stop thinking about Lucy.

------

Lucy wakes up in the infirmary again. She sees Natsu sleeping next to her. Snoring loudly and talking in his sleep, it sounded like he was saying fire over and over again.

She moves to get out of bed, carefully pulling the covers off to not wake the dragon slayer. Lucy was successful. Skipping on her shoes she leaves out the door hoping to find Zeref.

When she opens the door to her apartment, it was empty and no dark magical presence anywhere. The celestial wizard sits the couch, her hands buried in her hair as she starts to silently cry. Then she remembered about him talking about a country he ruled. She gets up quickly and looks through her history books. Looks at the world map. There was a country that was huge and the emperor was called Spriggan which meant the ugly fairy. She remembers him saying the that word. She knew where he possibly could be and she wasn't going to take anytime to think about it as she head to the boats to get there.

------

Natsu wakes up with no Lucy laying next to him. He jumps up and scans the room. She was gone, "Lucy...." He says, thinking about her stubbornness. While she's been out cold, he heard porlyusica and gramps talking about the black wizard Zeref. He was the one Lucy has been with. Natsu was fired up with anger. 'Did Lucy even know that was him?' That's why his scent was familiar and every time he looked into his black eyes he felt like he knew them. Natsu talked with that monster, he shared his feelings with him. His blood was boiling. He slammed the door as he left, heading to the guild or her place to hopefully find Lucy.

The fire Mage had no luck at both, "dammit Lucy!" He growls.

"I'm sure she's hear somewhere?" Grey says.

"Actually your wrong," gramps showed up and told them, "someone saw her leaving on one of the ships."

"She left?!" Natsu exclaims, "where to?"

"Probably to where ever Zeref is."

"Zeref? What's going on here?" Grey asks.

"I'm not really sure but, Lucy's date last night was actually the black wizard." Makarov tells them all.

Everyone was shocked and angry at the same time.

"Did she know?" Erza asks.

"I think so..." Gramps responded.

"Why... Why would she do that?" Natsu's head was held low, his hair covering his eyes.

"I don't know but I want team Natsu to find her. I think I know where she went."

"Where?"

"The Alvarez empire, ruled by Spriggan."

"Alvarez? That's far," Titania states.

Gramps closes his eyes with sadness, "the ruler of that empire is none other than Zeref himself. He built it from the ground up."

"I heard that country is huge and full of Wizards," levy says.