Chapter 3

I'm sorry it took so long, testing week is finally over.

Baby Danielle 💕 isn't she a cutie

Cassidy

Sitting against the headboard with Danielle laying on my lap, I started to brush her curly hair into two ponytails. The best time to do her hair is while she's sleeping or all hell would break loose.

Looking down at her face I could see how she resembled Daniel so much, the only thing I can hope for is for her to not be anything like him.

I know some of you may be wondering who Danielle is. But that's a whole entire different story for another day.

Before I knew it I heard things breaking downstairs and I could see it's bothering Danielle. Her hands clenched down on the shirt I had on and her face snuggled into my chest. Lifting her up and placing her onto the pillow beside me her big brown eyes opened and she whined while griping onto my shirt.

But the noise Daniel was making was scaring me, it's crazy to have a 7 month old baby having to deal with all this noise. Before I knew it she was crying and putting her hands over her ears which pissed me off because it's all because of her so called "daddy".

He knows for her being so young her ears are still sensitive, even the doctor tells me to make sure that noises are put the minimum. Then I tell him that, he's a doctor himself!

Laying her in her play pin and propping her up on her boppy. (If you don't know what a boppy is, it's a 'c' shaped pillow and it's for babies to use, to sleep, to be propped up on, to be breast feed etc.) I turned on Doc Mcstuffins and made my way downstairs. Every step I took I could feel my heart beating faster.. Reaching the last step my foot hit the ground and I could see glass all over the floor.

"Daniel?" I called out, I didn't get any response in return but I could still hear things being thrown around not too far from me.

Should I turn around and go back upstairs? I mean that'd be the smart thing to do, wouldn't. I pulled my phone from my back pocket and dialed 911, but didn't press call yet.

Walking into my use to be beautiful living room I saw my beautiful blue couches ripped, flowers that were once in vases on the floor with broken glass near them, everything was destroyed and I could feel myself ready to cry. I spent my money on this living room, it took so much work. But I did it on my own.. No help from nobody else!

"Get the fuck away from me Cassidy." He yelled at me, it made me wince, how can somebody be so nice at one point and go evil in a time period of a few days? I just don't understand. What the fuck did I do wrong???

He had a few papers in his hand, I wanted to see what they said, but how could I?

"What the fuck is wrong with you Daniel? Danielle is upstairs and you're making all this noise. You already know she has sensitive hearing and you're making all this fucking noise. Shut the fuck up or get the fuck out. Your choice, or Danielle and I will find ourself out of this fucking house." I let out a small laugh. I was truly pissed off. "Then you destroy my damn living room. Mine, not yours" I finally said what I always thought, I know consequences were going to come with it, but fuck it.

"Who the fuck you talking to? You grew balls today huh little girl, you better watch who you're talking to before I fix that shit for you." He took a few steps closer to me, I didn't move though. That would show I was weak and I wasn't, at least not right now.

The papers he had in his hand he threw them to my feet, putting my phone in my right hand I grabbed the papers with my left and I read over the papers.. It was my call log, a number had been highlighted every time it called or I called. I knew this number so well...

"How did you get my call log?" I flipped through the papers and all you saw was more yellow marks on the paper..

"Why do you have so many incoming and outgoing calls from this one number? This isn't even a full month of your phone history. I should be the only number I see on this paper, so why the fuck do I see more numbers on here?" He seemed so angry like nigga you don't pay my phone bill..

"Wait wait wait wait, number one who pay my phone bill? You or me? Me. You have no right to got through any of my shit you don't pay for. If you paid for my shit you could ask me questions pertaining what you pay for. For example, you paying the cable bill, you can ask me what I'm watching. That's it nothing more nothing less." I put emphasis on my, because I pay for my own shit. I do have enough money to last me a lifetime, and I did work up until Danielle.

Before I knew it, this nigga took five big strides towards me and my little ass took off running and hit the call button on my phone. Last time I fought him back... I did some damage but mine was way more severe.

I reached the kitchen, placed my phone on the counter and was ready to reach for a knife before a hand wrapped around my ponytail and dragged me back. "Get off of me!!!" I was yelling, it felt like my hair was being ripped out of my scalp.

"Nah what happened to all that shit you was taking? Huh?" He turned me around and I surely did punch him in his face, making his face go red. Next, I slapped him and as soon as he hand released my hair I ran to grab a knife.

"Don't come any closer to me Daniel! Don't think I won't stab you. He came closer to me and as soon as he was in reach to me my hand with the knife went forward while his hand wrapped around my neck.

I refuse to be treated like I was with David......

"Help me.." was all I could whisper out.. While I continued to fight against his hold..

--------
A little over 1,100 words.. Decided to make it longer than usual since its been awhile. Continue to vote and comment ❤️