~3~

Chapter 3

Maya sat up and fell right back down, making her hit her head on the ground.

"What happened?" she whispered to herself. Then all the memories from last night came into her head.

Lucas

Late

Randy

Pain

Abuse

Tears filled Maya's vision as she tried to stand up. After multiple fails, she finally got up feeling dizzy. She looked at herself in the mirror and gasped.

She was bruised

Cut

Broken

And covered with blood

"How am I supposed to hide this?" she asked herself. She went through her closet and found a clothes that covered her arms and legs. But what about her face? There is no way to cover all of that.

She had a deep cut on her cheek, a black eye, and a cut on her shoulder that people could see a little of.

She covered up her black eye and was not able to cover up her cuts. She pulled her jacket up to cover her shoulder and left the cut in her cheek opened.

"Excuse excuse..." Maya thought as she snuck out her window.

Last night walking home from Lucas' she tripped and cut her cheek on accident.

"Good job Maya." she told herself. She finally built up the courage to go through RIley's window.

"Maya!" Riley yelled after seeing her cheek. Maya forced herself to act normal and not show any pain, no matter how much pain she was in.

"What?" Maya asked.

"What happened?" Riley asked freaked out.

"When I was walking home from Lucas' I tripped and cut my cheek." Maya shrugged.

"Does it hurt?" Riley asked and touched it. Maya pushed her hand back and hissed.

"If you touch it." she said.

"Sorry!" Riley apologized.

"Its fine peaches. Let's go to school." Maya faked smiled and Riley thinks it's a real smile. After explaining the whole story to the rest of Riley's family, they were able to go to school.

-

"Hey guys!" Farkle said scaring Maya.

"It's how it all starts. A yell, then abuse." she told herself in her head.

"Maya! It's just Farkle!" she calmed herself down. Maya turned around and punched Farkle in the shoulder.

"Ow!" Farkle winced.

"Don't scare me like that!" Maya told him.

"What happened?" he asked. Riley explained it this time so Maya could get her books out of her locker.

"Hey guys!" someone yelled and Maya jumped.

"Yeesh Maya, jumpy much?" Riley giggled.

"You have no idea." Maya mumbled to herself and closed her locker.

"Maya your cheek!" Lucas gasped and touched it gently with his thumb.

"Ow!" Maya said and punched him.

"And violent. Jumpy and violent." Riley added.

"Guys I just tripped ok. No big deal." Maya said and walked into class.

-

Maya ditched her friends wanting to just be alone fr awhile. She told them she would see them later and they agreed, unwillingly. They knew something was up.

"Guys, what do we do?" Riley asked.

"I don't know anymore." Farkle sighed.

"She's hiding something." Lucas said and then Maya came in and sat down by Riley.

"Hey guys." Maya faked smile.

"Maya, what's up with you?" Riley asked without hiding anything.

"What do you mean?" Maya asked facing her best friend.

"You're different. You're scared. You don't hang out with us, you don't talk as much, you're jumpy, you're not the Maya we know. You're...different." Riley explained.

"No I'm not. I'm still the same person. Do you all think this?" May asked them.

"Yeah." they all sighed.

"Maya, you rarely come over anymore! We're worried!" RIley said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Its nothing ok!?" she yelled and ran out.

"Follow her!" Farkle yelled and they all ran after. After Maya was running for a minute, she collapsed on the ground in pain from her back. Her friends ran over.

"Maya!" they all yelled.

"Just go away!" Maya told them. Lucas helped her up.

"Ow." Maya said and nearly fell. Lucas caught her.

"Maya, please tell us." Lucas said. They all looked at her and Maya began to cry.

"Maya please." Riley begged.

"..."