~4~

Chapter 4

"I can't say!" Maya cried.

"Maya, please tell us. We want to help." Farkle said and Lucas wiped Maya's tears, only to see makeup smearing. All the makeup revealed her black eye given to her by Randy.

"MAYA! WHAT HAPPENED!?" Lucas yelled in shock. maya covered her ears, still crying.

"Don't scream at me!" she told him.

Seeing her best friend cry made Riley cry herself. Her best friend was obviously scared for her life, hurt.

But why?

"Maya what happened?" Riley asked calmly.

"Did someone do this to you?" Farkle asked and Maya nodded.

"Who?" Lucas asked still holding onto Maya.

"I can't say." she cried.

Riley then remembered Maya complaining about her mother's new boyfriend. She said he was probably using her and was very rude.

"Maya, was it your mom's boyfriend?" Riley asked scared. Maya nodded and sobbed uncontrollably into Lucas' shirt.

No one could believe this.

Once hearing this RIley started crying and Farkle hugged her as Lucas hugged Maya.

Maya has been abused?

"Maya why didn't you tell us?" Lucas asked hurt.

"He threatened to kill me!" Maya cried.

"Maya, you are not going back into that apartment!" Farkle told her and everyone nodded.

"Then he'll hurt me even more!" Maya cried. Riley calmed herself down.

"Peaches, just stay away from there. You are staying at my place." Riley said and Maya just nodded.

-

They all walked into Riley's apartment at 8 and Cory and Topanga looked at all of them.

RIley looked depressed.

Farkle looked shocked.

Lucas looked like Texas Lucas.

And Maya, for once, looked scared.

Maya and Riley both had tear streaks and red eyes.

"What happened?" Topanga asked.

"It's terrible what happened!" Riley said and started crying. Maya started crying as well.

"OK, what?" Cory asked confused and worried.

"Maya's mother's boyfriend abuses her!" Riley cried. Cory and Topanga looked at her in shock as Maya cried and Lucas tried to comfort her.

"Maya?" Topanga asked and she just sobbed uncontrollably.

"Maya, why didn't you tell anyone?" Cory asked shocked.

"He said he would kill me if I told anyone." she cried.

"What did he do to you?" Topanga asked mad.

"Hit me, burned me, punched me, cut me, whipped me." Maya listed off and cried.

"Maya, you're staying here and he is getting arrested." Cory said and grabbed the phone.

"No! He makes my mom so happy and he'll kill me!" Maya said.

"Maya, this isn't safe for you. It doesn't matter because you need to be safe." Topanga explained and hugged her. Maya cried into her shoulder as Cory called the police.

"Maya show us your black eye." Riley said and handed her a wet paper towel. Maya lightly rubbed off her makeup and showed them.

"Maya!" they gasped.

"Is that it?" Cory asked.

"No, there are cuts and bruises on my arms, legs, and back." she admitted. After explaining the whole story, Lucas and Farkle left and Maya and Riley went to bed.

"Maya, I swear that you won't be hurt anymore. We're all here for you." Riley told her.

"Thank you Riles, that means a lot to me." Maya smiled.

"You're welcome. Please don't hide anything like that Maya. We want to help you. And we will." Riley said.

"I won't anymore. I promise." Maya told her.

But little did Riley know, she was lying.

As much as Maya loves Riley, she can't protect her from Randy, no one can.

-

"MAYA! YOU TOLD! I WARNED YOU! NOW YOU WILL PAY!" Randy yelled at Maya and beat her.

"Stop! Please!" Maya cried weakly.

It was just pain.

And pain.

And pain.

-

Maya woke up panting and frantically looking around.

"It's ok, just a nightmare." she said and looked around Riley's room.

They may have called the police on Randy and got him arrested.

But the aftershock is just beginning.