one

1

    Taehyung tries not to notice the new kid in class.

    "The new kid is kind of cute, huh?" His best friend, Jimin, nudges Taehyung's shoulder when he says this, and Taehyung ignores him. He didn't have time to focus on Jimin's immature remarks. Instead, he returns to his book and tries to disregard the teacher's voice.

    "Alright everyone, mouths closed and eyes up here." Ms. whatever-her-name-is orders, and all of the talking in the room ceases. Taehyung feels the teacher glaring at him, and he sighs and shuts his book, too tired to start an argument that would end with a detention on his end.

   "We have a new student as of today transferring from the states overseas. Please introduce yourself to the class." The teacher steps aside, allowing the new kid to be the center of attention.

  "My name is Jeon Jungkook, and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to having a good year here at Ashton Academy." Jungkook says in a calm tone, and Taehyung looks him up and down with a lack of interest. The new kid had raven black hair that swept over his forehead, and his complexion was clear as day. His posture was carefree, his school bag slung over one shoulder and his tie a bit looser than it should be. The unwavering smirk on his pink lips annoyed Taehyung to some extent, but he was surprised to see that the new kid had black gauges in his ears.

  "10 out of 10, I would bang, not even lying." Jimin muses, and this time, Taehyung glares at him. He raises his arm in one swift movement and hits his best friend on the head with his hard cover copy.

   "Shut up before I bang your head against the fucking table." He seethes, then calmly opens up his novel and starts to read where he left off. Jimin curses his moody best friend under his breath.

   "Mr. Jeon, you can take a seat next to Yoongi, who is just about to wake up from his nap..." The teacher finishes her statement as a warning, glaring daggers at Min Yoongi, who was passed out cold. After a few seconds, the sleeping boy has still not responded, and Jimin decides to take action.

   Ripping out a piece of paper out of his notebook, Jimin crumples it up and aims for Yoongi's head. The paper ball launches from his hand, and at that exact moment, Yoongi's head jerks up and he turns around. The ball never reaches his face, for the blonde boy catches the ball of paper before it can with incredible speed. Yoongi looks at the paper ball in boredom, and then glances up at a frozen Jimin.

  "The lack of jams you have is actually depressing, Park Jimin." Yoongi states blankly. Jimin and the majority of the class watch with gaping mouths as Yoongi throws the piece of paper over his shoulder and it lands right in the trashcan across the room. Yoongi's expression doesn't change in the slightest when he turns back around and dozes off to sleep on his desk.

   Taehyung watches Jimin's face turn 50 shades of red-- first it was ghostly pale, then pink, then rosy, and finally so red that it matched his hair color. He looked helplessly at his best friend for support, but Taehyung just shrugs.

  Apparently, the new kid wasn't too impressed by Yoongi's performance, for he was already nearing his seat next to the sleeping boy. Taehyung secretly watches the boy sit down in front of him over the top of his book, and when Jungkook turns around, he blocks his vision with it.

"Is he always like this?" The new kid asks, and Taehyung peaks to the side of his novel once again. Jungkook was leaning on Taehyung and Jimin's desk, furrowing his eyebrows at Jimin. Jimin clears his throat and tries to recompose himself. Taehyung rolls his eyes when Jimin begins to go into a coughing fit, and he sets his book down.

  "If you're worried that he'll give you any trouble, don't be." Taehyung informs monotonously, inspecting his nails. "As long as you don't wake him up, like this idiot--" He jerks his head toward Jimin, "--, you'll be set."

   He spares the new kid a glance, which turns into sort of a stare down. Jungkook stares at him with dull brown eyes, and for some reason, he could not look away. This irritated Taehyung, and he was about to speak when Jungkook did instead.

  "Cool." He says simply, and turns around to face the front of the classroom. Taehyung blinks, and slowly goes back to reading.

  "Yeah," Taehyung mutters, flipping to the next page. "Cool."

  _____

  Yoongis a baller