sixteen

"Are you awake?"

   Taehyung doesn't respond and stares at the wall on his side. A hand traces the scars on his back and he winces.

   "I guess not..." Jungkook's voice says. "I wish I could've been there when he did this to you."

   Without making a sound, Taehyung starts to cry. He wants to curl up into his boyfriend's touch but something is stopping him. The truth.

  "I'm sorry. But I'm here now." The younger places a kiss on his shoulder and plays with his hair. Finally, Taehyung cracks and rolls over, letting out an ugly sob before embracing the other.

"I'm so confused." Taehyung cries, tears dropping on the others chest. "I don't know why you know my mom, I don't know why she acts this way towards you... I don't know anymore."

Jungkook lets him cry for a while, consoling him with kisses and comforting words. "You'll have to trust me, baby... Can you trust me?"

Taehyung nods and links his arms around the younger's neck. Tears came and went, until Taehyung had calmed down and stopped crying. They embraced in silence, until Jungkook began to sing.

"Pictures I'm living through for now

Trying to remember all the good times

Our life was cutting through so loud

Memories are playing in my dull mind

I hate this part paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it

Hoping that you won't forget.."

He holds his hand and kisses his knuckles. His eyes never leave Taehyung's, and he smiles sadly.

"I live through pictures as if I was right there

by your side

But you'll be good without me and if I could

just give it some time

I'll be alright."

Jungkook kisses him, and pushes him softly on his back. While gripping his hand, he lowers himself down to Taehyung's chest. It was a white canvas covered with the paint and memories of his past that he planned to turn into art.

"Pictures I'm living through for now.."

He places his lips on his first scar, right under neath his collar bone. Taehyung feels his salty tears fall once more, but he lets them and stares up at the ceiling.

"Trying to remember all the good times.."

Another kiss on his right breast.

"Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind."

Jungkook places his hand on either side of his torso and presses his lips on the scar near his belly button. Taehyung shivers.

"I hate this part paper hearts,
And I'll hold a piece of yours."

His pale hands hover over where his heart was, and he kisses right over it. Taehyung can't help but completely break out into silent tears. Why was he doing this?

"Don't think I would just forget about it.."

Finally, he places three long kisses on his abdomen, where the scars were the deepest. Maybe not physically, but Taehyung would never forget what happened there.

"Hoping that you will forget."

Jungkook kisses him on his quivering lips, and at that moment, Taehyung felt at peace. His soft lips and soothing voice were bliss, the best medicine. Taehyung wouldn't trade him for the world. Not even for his foolish assumptions.

All that mattered was that he was happy.

_____

She watched from the doorway. It was the day she had decided to tell him. But maybe, it was best to keep it hidden. Forever.

The pale vanilla file in her hands was a continuous weight on her tired shoulders. She traces the folds with her fingers, gives one last look at her son, and turns away.

The truth was in her hands, but she chose to keep it away. She doesn't look back when it hits the bottom of the trash.

I'm sorry, Taehyung.

____
I feel bad..