Chapter 40 Part 1

What the hell happened to Storybrooke???

Prom Part 1

Emma's heart began to race. She read the same sentence over and over again, but nothing changed, and it didn't go away.

"Are you okay Swan?" Killian yelled from the living room.

Emma set the phone down and walked back to the living room and sat down beside him. She cuddled up close to him because she wasn't sure how much longer she would have him.

"What happened love?" He asked.

"Uh, someone texted me, saying that Neal is sorry for your loss." Emma whispered.

He sat there not knowing what to do.

"He's not going to give up, you know that right? He is going to fight, and kick, and scream until I'm his. This will never stop." Emma was staring into space.

"No, don't think like that." He said.

"Milah isn't going to stop either. She is going to keep threatening until you are hers. We aren't going to get a break unless... Unless we leave each other."

Killian knelt in front of Emma and put his hands on her knees. "I don't care who or what wants us apart. Whether fate is messing with us, giving us the illusion that we are going to be together forever, or if it is truly meant to be. I love you. You are mine, and I am yours. Nobody and nothing is going to change that okay love?"

Emma nodded slightly, and he came up to hug her. He sat down beside her again and hugged her tightly. She pretended to watch the movie, but really she was thinking. Was Killian right? Would they be together forever? Would Milah and Neal move on? What would happen after college? Questions popped into her head, and some were more important then the last.

What no one knew, was that the sound of a camera clicking was heard in the street.

Click

Click

Click

The day for prom finally came. Excitement was throughout Storybrooke. Girls were getting their dresses that they put off buying, and guys were renting or buying tuxedos. It was like magic was in the air. Fairy godmothers were in their heads telling them how to dress, and what would make them look ten times better than they normally would. Emma was in the shower when she heard her phone go off. She looked over and it was from Regina.

'We're here.'

Emma screamed hoping that Regina would hear her. "Door's open!" It must have worked because she heard the soft slamming of the door.

Emma finished her shower, and started to blow dry her hair. She put loose clothes on so her dress wouldn't get wet from the water dripping off of her hair. A knock was heard on the bathroom door. She opened it and it was just Regina.

"Emma, do you have everything?" Regina asked.

"Yea I have everything. Just not my dress. It's in the closet, but I'll get it."

"Okay. Just checking."

"It was a bitch trying to hide that from him. Killian is so nosy, and he really wanted to see it." Emma said with a laugh.

Regina laughed as well. "Yea I know how you feel. Every time Robin came over to my house, he would try to sneak a peak at my dress."

Emma nodded and Regina let her get ready once more. After her hair was dry, Emma curled her hair. She braided two strands, then pinned them on the back of her head. They connected and were sent flowing down with the rest of the curls. She also got contacts to replace the glasses.

'It's one night. Even though you might hate them, it's one night.' She told herself.

After her hair, makeup, and contacts were done, Emma exited the bathroom and saw the time. 6:00. The guys would be there in a little bit. She opened the closet door and the beautiful blue dress came into view. It was a shade of blue that was the same color as Killian's eyes. It was strapless, and came short in the front, and ended just above her ankles. She slipped the dress on, careful to not mess up her hair, and put the golden shoes on. Once she was finished, she looked at herself in the full length mirror. From the bedroom, she heard the knock on the front door.

"Here we go." Emma whispered to herself. She walked out and Ruby was wearing a red sparkly dress, and her hair was off to the side. Regina was wearing a purple velvety dress that ended at her knees.

"You ready?" Ruby asked with her hand on the doorknob.

Regina and Emma nodded and the door flung open. Victor, Killian, and Robin entered the small apartment and smiles that were already present on their faces, grew wider. Each guy walked closer to their girl.

"Wow Swan. You look bloody amazing. And just as I predicted," He bent closer to her ear. "Sexy. But far more than I thought you would be."

Emma blushed and turned her head, but he took her fingers on her chin and pulled her face back to him.

"I thought we discussed this before love." He said.

"I know, I know. I just can't help it."

Killian smiled, and after a few pictures, they were off to the dance. Killian drove Emma, Robin drove Regina, and Victor drove Ruby.

"Remember what I said. You are the only girl that I'm coming and going with tonight." Killian said darting his eyes between the road and Emma.

"Okay." Emma was still in disbelief, but she went along with it.

They pulled up to the school and they all walked arm and arm to the gym. The gymnasium was decorated with lights, and a model Eiffel Tower was sitting in the stage. A bright moon light was hanging from the ceiling.

"Wow. A night in Paris!" Emma said.

"You can thank me later." Ruby said with a wink.

The music was playing and some people were dancing. Killian stuck his hand out for Emma. "Care to dance love?"

Emma took his hand. "Sure."

He led her to the dance floor, and as soon as they got there, a slow song began playing. Killian out his hands on Emma's waist, and she put her hands on his shoulders.

"You really do look nice love." He said.

"I know. You look amazing too." She said. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Milah in a black, skin tight dress. The sleeves left her shoulders bare. It stopped mid-thigh, and some of the back was cut out.

"Swan." Killian said.

Emma turned her head away from Milah's revealing dress. "Yea?"

"Stop looking at her. It will make you worry more."

"Sorry. I can't help but worry."

"I'm here with you. My date has beautiful golden locks, brilliant green eyes, and a magnificent blue dress. Nothing about you is the same as her."

Emma nodded and they danced until the song was over.