Chapter 8

Leona and Layla were shopping walking through the different aisles picking up food stuff.
Layla kept piling all sorts off things in the trolley, even though Leona kept telling her that it wasn't necessary. She eventually gave up telling her that and decided to either buy whatever she can or put back each of what she didn't think was necessary or needed at all.

"Layla could you go grab some pancake mix and syrup please" Leona said.

"Yeah okay" Layla replied as she hopped on to the aisle with the different pancakes mix.

Leona took up a bottle of detergent and was reading the label. She haven't used that one before and decided that maybe she could give it a try.

She subconsciously took a step back while reading the label and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry" she quickly apologized as the person caught her by the arm to steady.

"No that's ok, it's my fault" the person replied.

This can't be happening Leona thought to herself, she know that voice. Its been years but its still fresh in her memory. She slowly looked up at the person and sure enough she found herself looking in those brown eyes once more. The eyes that belong to the man she's been trying to get out of her mind, those eyes belong to Andre.

"Oh my God" she gasp with her eyes wide.

"Leona?" Andre whispered seeming just as shocked.

Leona quickly pull away her hand and tried to get away from him but Andre quickly grabbed her hand again.

"Leona wait!" She said.

"No! Let me go!" Leona yelled at him as she tried pulling her hand from him but Andre just tightened his grip.

"Wait, I just need to talk to you for a minute" he said.

"We don't have anything to talk about" she retorted still trying to break from his grasp.

"I want to apologize to you for..." Andre began but Leona cut her off.

"Don't you think you're a little too late" Leona said as she finally manage to pull her hand from him and began pushing her trolley away.

"Leona please I...." Andre start as he grabbed her arm again.

"Don't!" Leona yell as she tried to pull her hand from him again.

What the hell was his problem? Why can't he just let her go and stop touching her. All those touches kept sending sparks through her body. Why is he trying to complicate her life?

"Leona please I need to apologize to you, just give me a few minutes to that please" Andre begged.

"You're eleven years too late Andre" Leona told him angrily.

"I know that is why I...." Andre began but stopped when Layla came up to them.

"Mom I wasn't sure which brand to pick so I chose this" she said then she noticed the guy holding on to her mom's hand.

"Uh hi" she said to him.

"Hello" Andre smiled at her before letting go off Layla's hand.

"What's going on?" Layla asked looking between the two.

"Nothing sweetie, could you just push the trolley to the cashier? I'll be there soon" Leona said to her.

"Okay" she replied as she pushed off the trolley.

This was a nightmare. How was she going to explain to Layla who Andre was. Why was Andre complicating her life right now. Layla was definitely going to ask about him she they are alone.

"She's your daughter?" Andre asked.

"Yeah she is" Leona said crossing her arms.

"Oh she looks like you" Andre said to her.

"Yeah she does. And I gotta go" Leona said turning to leave.

"Wait!" Andre said holding unto her hand once more.

"What's with the touching?" Leona asked annoyed.

"Sorry" Andre apologize holding up his hand in surrender.
"Can I...uhm can I see you sometime?"

"You see me now" Leona retort.

"No I meant one and one?" Andre said unsurely.

"No I don't think so" Leona said and attempt to walk off again.

"Please I just need to talk to you and apologize to you properly and explain a few things. Could you please give me that chance?" Andre begged.

" Its not gonna happen ok, there's nothing to talk about" Leona replied before stalking off leaving Andre.

**********************************
"So mom who was that guy today at the supermarket?" Layla asked as they were putting away the groceries.

"W-what?" Leona stuttered. She's been expecting this question over a hour now but she still wasn't prepared to answer.

She's always been honest to her daughter but she didn't think she could honestly just tell Layla who Andre was. She would eventually tell her buy right now she needed to come up with a a quick answer or way to evade the question.

"You know, the guy who was holding unto your hand when I returned with the pancake mix. I said hi to him" Layla replied trying to drag her mom's memory.

"Oh" Leona replied pretending to only just remembered.
"He's an old friend".

"Just Friend?" Layla asked smirking.

"Yes. Why?" Leona asked.

"Oh nothing, just that he was good looking" Layla replied.

"What?! I didn't noticed" Leona replied.
"What do you suggest for dinner?" She asked trying to change the topic.

There was no way she was continuing this conversation with her daughter. How was she to tell her that the guy in the supermarket was actually her dad. This wasn't an easy task.

She will tell her eventually but at the moment she really need to try to figure out how and when to break the news to her.