Chapter 13

After a month of thinking Layla finally decided the she wants to finally talk to and meet Andre officially.
As much as she hate the man for what he had done to her mother and for abandoning her before she was even born, she decided to try and see if he deserved a second chance.
Leona was taking her to meet Andre at a restaurant in town where Andre has suggest they meet. Both of them were nervous as hell.

"So you promised that even if you still don't like him after he talked to you, and even if you're still angry you won't make a scene?" Leona asked Layla as they entered the restaurant.

"Mom I promise, I'm not gonna embarrassed you okay" Layla replied.

Leona went and spoke with the hostess who lead them to the table where Andre sat nervously waiting for them for the past five minutes. He wasn't sure as to what he'd tell her, or how she would react,he really hoped she would give him a chance though.

"Hey" Andre stood quickly and greeted them as they reached the table.

"Hi" Leona respond running her hands down the sides of her dress. Layla only gave him a curt nod.

"Here let me help you guys" Andre offered pulling out both chairs so Layla and Leona could sit.

"So how have you guys been?" Andre asked trying to start a conversation.

"We've been okay" Leona smiled. But Layla didn't answer but instead admire the insides of the restaurant.

"Uh Layla?" Andre calls to her unsurely.

"Hmm?" Layla finally turned to look at him with an expression less face.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good" Layla answered again with a nod.

At first it was super awkward as Layla would only gave monosyllables or would ignore Andre and Leona would try to break the awkwardness but after awhile Layla finally allowed Andrew to apologized and explained to her why he was such a jerk. She then decided that she'd try to give him a chance d would meet and talk to him again.

Andre also couldn't help noticing Leona and how beautiful she was and how soft her skin looked as well as how the blue dress she wore brought out the color in her eyes. At the end of their meal he decided to asked her out for dinner sometime but she politely declined telling him she didn't think that was such a good idea at the moment. Andre had told her that he understood but vowed to himself that he would still try until she agreed. He had been stupid to let her go the first time he wasn't gonna do it again, one way or the other he was going to get her back.

**************
It has been two months since Andre and Layla started communicating, she seemed to be warming up to him although not fully forgiving him. They'd meet from time to time for lunch, dinner or even just for ice cream or pizza on weekends.

Also Leona has been constantly turning down Andre's request for lunch and dinner. She just wasn't sure she was ready to do the whole guy and dating thing especially with Andre. Her parents and Ashley also suggested that maybe she should be him a chance to see if his intentions are pure before completely shutting him out.

Leona was walking out of the bank after conducting a few transactions inside when she accidentally collided with someone causing her cellphone to fell out of her hand.

"I'm so sorry" both Leona and the guy said at once which caused them to both laugh.

"Its my fault, I'm the one trying to knock you over" the guy said as he picked up her phone and handed it to her.

"Thank you" Leona respond smiling as she retrieved her phone from his hand.

"Oh, I'm Michael by the way" the guy said still holding out his hand.

"I'm Leona" Leona replied smiling as she shook his hand.

"Wow Leona, such a pretty name for a pretty woman" Michael said smiling at her.

"Is that so?" Leona respond blushing as she slightly looked down then tuck a strand of blond hair behind her ear.

"Yeah" Michael agreed smiling.
"I know we just met and this may be way out the way but how about I make it up to you for almost knocking you down by taking you to lunch?"

"Uh... That's okay" Leona replied trying not to agreed. It wasn't that she didn't trust him or anything because they'd just met but he was a member of the male gender and she just didn't want to lead him on in anyway in case he's interested in her. In addition those eyes remind her of someone, someone who she really want to get over-Andre.

"Ah come on, please its not even that far we can go to the restaurant across the road. Your not in some haste are you?" Michael persuade.

"Alright fine" Leona sighed as they went across the road at the restaurant.

When they sat down Michael told her to order anything she wanted because it was his treat. He further went on to tell her that she looked familiar to him while she said the same. After a couple minutes of guessing he finally asked if she is an artist and if she was one who received award at the art show couple months ago. She told him yes it was her to which he complimented her works and talent.

They were eating lunch when his phone kept going off, the person on the other end obviously seemed to be snapping at him about his whereabouts.

"That was my annoying older brother" he told Leona. "We were supposed to meet up for lunch to discuss something's but I cancelled on him" Michael laughed.

" Oh well I don't want to get you in trouble with big bro then" Leona teased.

"Nah, its cool he's just a bossy jerk but he's harmless" Michael respond chuckling.

A couple minutes after they finished eating a voice interrupted them.

"You, I'm gonna kill you" the person directed at Michael.

This can't be happening Leona thought to herself, she's been trying to avoid Andre and turning him down for both lunch and dinner offers yet here she was possibly dining with his brother. No wonder those eyes seemed familiar to her.

"It's good to see you too bro" Michael greeted. "Anyway relax I'm just having lunch with a beautiful woman...instead of you".

At that point Andre turned to acknowledged who was sitting with Michael. He was shocked to see a wide eye Leona staring back at him.

"Leona?" He mumbled merely above a whisper but loud enough so both parties heard.

"Andre" Leona breath shakily. "You're Michael's brother?"

"You two know each other?" Michael asked looking between the two.

"Uhm... Yeah" Leona answered as she started standing. "Listen Michael it's so great to meet you, thanks a lot for lunch but I really gotta go, like right now".

"Wait..." Michael tried to delay her.

"I'm really sorry but I gotta go, I'll see you around" Leona rushed out and started to leave.

"Leona..." Andre began.

"Bye Andre" she quickly dismissed him before rushing out the restaurant.

After Leona was gone Michael turned to look at his older brother raising a brow.

"Why do I get the feeling that whatever that was, goes way beyond you two just "knowing" each other?"

Andre sighed as he sat in the now vacant seat that Leona sat in minutes before.

"You have no idea bro, no idea".