Chapter 14

Its been a week since my Leona's last encounter the Andre as well as meeting his brother.
It was obvious that Andre was trying to reconcile old feelings with her, but could she risk getting hurt and her heart broken all over again? Could she really trust him this time?

Leona was painting a portrait when her phone started ringing.
She wiped her hand in on a piece of cloth before taking it up to view the caller's ID, the number wasn't one that she knew buy she still swipe the screen to answer.

"Hello?" Leona answered unsurely.

"Uh Hi" came the reply from the other end. That voice, Leona thought to herself she knew instantly who the unknown caller was, she didn't give him her cellphone number that's for sure so how did he get it.

"Andre?" Leona greeted unsurely.

"Yeah its me, Layla gave me your number the other day I hope you don't not mind".

"Oh" Leona replied, that explains it.
"So did you want something?"

"Yeah. Listen, I kinda finally told my family about me having a daughter and they want to meet her. Saturday night is our family dinner night and my parents wants me to bring her" Andre told her over the phone.

"I guess that's fine with me if Layla wants to" Leona replied.

"Well here's the thing, they want you to come along as well. Both of you" Andre said to her unsurely.

"What!?" Leona shrieked. "Uhm, Andre I don't think that I could... I mean I-I don't think that's a good idea.

"Leona please" Andre begged. "Please my parents want to meet their only grandchild and her mom, could you please just put the hatred you have for me aside just for a few hours".

"Andre, I don't hate you" Leona sighed, "I just don't know how I feel about dinner with you're family".

"Come on, they're not that bad. I mean they already love Layla and they haven't even met her yet, and you're her mother so they'll love you as well, please they're looking forward to this" Andre pleaded until Leona finally caved.

"OK, fine" Leona sighed. "We'll attend dinner with your family".

"Great. So I'll pick you up about 5:30, dinner is at 7:00 and its about a hour ride to my parents" Andre replied excitedly.

"Yeah ok, we'll be ready by then" Leona replied.

"Thanks Leona, I'll see you guys on Saturday. Bye".

"Bye" Leona replied before hanging up.

"Oh my God" Leona groaned as she rest her face in her hands.

This chapter is really short, I know but chapter 15 will follow up from this one.