Chapter 9

Its been a whole month since Andre's encounter with Leona at the supermarket. He couldn't keep her out of his mind since then. Especially the way she had promptly shut and turn him down when he had asked her if he could see her one away so he could properly apologized to her for all the wrongs he'd done her for the past years. Strangely enough seeing her again brought back feelings he had for her, he didn't know if he was just plain stupid for hoping that she'd give him a second chance.

Maybe he was stupid for thinking that way, after all its been years she probably really hate him for how he'd treated her. Most likely in a relationship, he didn't think she was married because he didn't see any ring on her finger the day in the supermarket, even more she's had a child for Christ sakes maybe she was still involved with the kids father.

All those thoughts went through his head but still he needed to try and get to talk to her to tell her how sorry he was. He had lived with the guilt of how he'd wrongly accused her, call her a gold digging slut and thrown her out. He was young 22, just out of college and was sent off on business practice for his new job. He was stupid hanging out the guys who were assholes of course he was gonna act like one. Although that didn't excused his behavior.

He'd gotten the file with the background check he had asked for from his buddy Jake on Leona. He knew Jake was really good at getting background information on people, he wasn't sure how the hell his friend could gather some of the information he got at times but he knew Jake could get really deep information on almost anyone. He had hesitated in opening it for two reasons; not wanting to invade her privacy although he had already done that by asking for a background check and secondly he was afraid of what he would find out. But the more he thought about it the more he was itching to look into the file.
If he wanted to her her story he'd have to dig it out himself because of course she wasn't gonna be the one to enlighten him about her life so he should probably just looked into the file.

Andre got up and walked towards the bedside table in which he'd kept the file untouched for weeks now. He took it out and open it bracing himself for what he would probably discover.

Really short chapter I know, but sort of busy so haven't gotten the chance to update as often, but I'll try.